jagman

The Last Film You Saw....

1,251 posts in this topic

Watched The Illusionist last night. Very good film with great performances by Edward Norton and Paul Giamatti. 9/10

What was your last film and was it any good?

1 person likes this

The Big Lebowski.

It's one of my all time favourites and I tend to watch it quite often.

ABIDE_Poster.jpg

Edited by mojomonkey

16 Blocks - only got it out because there was a 3 for £10 offer on at blockbuster and we needed a third title - was much better than i'd expected.

Other films were Pirates of the caribbean - not as good as the first one and Stormbreaker - okay but mostly interesting for Manx place spotting

Children of Men, and yes fantastic film.

watched snakes on a plane last nite, great fun...well worth a rental if you're looking for some mindless entertainment :lol:

1 person likes this

I watched The Boondock Saints again, still a top film by any standards

watched snakes on a plane last nite, great fun...well worth a rental if you're looking for some mindless entertainment :lol:

Watching that at the moment, good film!!

I Heart Huckabees and was sorely disappointed. People who's opinions i can normally trust raved about this film so i went and bought the DVD in a sale. There were about 15 minutes of the film that were good scenes (and a few of the outtakes were actually very good and very funny) and the rest was toss. I figured this was one of those films that died at the box office because they didn't go as the critics didn't get it, turns out the critics got it and gave it the ratings it deserved (apart from whoever reviewed it for Total Film who said "One of the smartest, funniest movies imaginable." which is frankly absurd.)

I Heart Huckabees and was sorely disappointed. People who's opinions i can normally trust raved about this film so i went and bought the DVD in a sale. There were about 15 minutes of the film that were good scenes (and a few of the outtakes were actually very good and very funny) and the rest was toss. I figured this was one of those films that died at the box office because they didn't go as the critics didn't get it, turns out the critics got it and gave it the ratings it deserved (apart from whoever reviewed it for Total Film who said "One of the smartest, funniest movies imaginable." which is frankly absurd.)

Totally agree with you there, Ean. I thought it was crap with a capital K.

watched escape from new york last nite, what a cracker! is snake plisken the coolest character ever??? so much better than the shite sequel escape from LA...

Watched Flags of our Fathers the other night. Quite an interesting film to watch with some pretty good war scenes. It's all about how the pic below came to be.

0553712462.jpg

Saw Blood Diamond last weekend. Amazing film. Little slow to get going, but is brilliant. And very moving. Bring tissues if you cry at movies, because I garuntee you will cry and this one. See it!