PeterInCanada

Isle of Man 1983

13 posts in this topic

That hospital photo is great. It just looks so unprofessional. And because of that, real.

3 people like this

That photo is brilliant. A little snapshot of time. Of course, when a helicopter lands in the middle of town all the kids on bikes in the area go for a skeet - try keeping them away!

I bet every incident out of the ordinary, every robbery, car crash, every time someone collapsed in the street in the old days had a kid on a bike in attendance. But you don't see them so much now. Is life more exciting?

1 person likes this

That photo is brilliant. A little snapshot of time. Of course, when a helicopter lands in the middle of town all the kids on bikes in the area go for a skeet - try keeping them away!

I bet every incident out of the ordinary, every robbery, car crash, every time someone collapsed in the street in the old days had a kid on a bike in attendance. But you don't see them so much now. Is life more exciting?

When I was a kid we'd always spend our summers riding round endlessly and aimlessly on our bmx bikes. Nowadays any grouping of kids/teenagers is thought of as an evil mob of hoody's though?

Edited by Rhumsaa
2 people like this

Hi Peter, there's a group on Facebook called Manx Nostalgia and it has LOADS of old pictures, they'd love to have these on there too.

You're not kidding. I only have to see someone I haven't seen for a while in the street & you can guarantee they'll be top of my "people you may know list" next time I log in! How the hell they do it is beyond me, but their algorithms are all knowing, that's for sure. Great piccys btw, got any more?