Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
fatshaft

So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Please explain that last line. To what do you specifically refer?

Then contrast with failing private enterprise, run by Tory donors, awarded contracts that they then mess up. East Coast, Rail Track, Southern, Carillion, G4S, National Grid, Power generating ... 

all stuck with union staff......

nhs, schools, councils, rail, postoffice and infrastructure all failing due to the fact they are run by unions.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

all stuck with union staff......

nhs, schools, councils, rail, postoffice and infrastructure all failing due to the fact they are run by unions.....

Another Woody2 fake fact. Carillion operated a blacklist.

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

good for them:lol:

still had to use lazy union staff.......

hopefully the unite and gmb staff will see the dole queue first......

Edited by woody2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

and why should ANY company not be able to employ who THEY want to employ,i myself have turned away tossers whose claims as to their capabilities were plain to me were fucking useless and were summarily sacked after their first day with a days pay and "don't come back" tomorrow.goodbye.

17 minutes ago, twinkle said:

and why should ANY company not be able to employ who THEY want to employ,i myself have turned away tossers whose claims as to their capabilities were plain to me were fucking useless and were summarily sacked after their first day with a days pay and "don't come back" tomorrow.goodbye.

Judging by your posts, they were the ones to walk away better off from the deal.

18 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Judging by your posts, they were the ones to walk away better off from the deal.

#no reply time.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

754F9311-1DD8-441B-B7A0-BC6E0F59ACDB.png

so why was labour and the snp doing the same.....

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

so why was labour and the snp doing the same.....

But not when it was clear the company was in serious difficulty.

i don’t agree with PFI or outsourcing, and even if it’s to be done it really shouldn’t be big conglomerate but SME’s

Just now, John Wright said:

But not when it was clear the company was in serious difficulty.

i don’t agree with PFI or outsourcing, and even if it’s to be done it really shouldn’t be big conglomerate but SME’s

neither do i, but most pfi deals labour signed......

its the public sector pensions who make the most out of pfi......

7 hours ago, woody2 said:

no it wasn't, it was freedom to work....

Yes, just like now. The U.K. government has the right to send EU nationals who can’t support themselves back after three months. The U.K. decided they didn’t want to do this. 

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

I just mentioned those currently in Power and pulling the levers.

Your.mention of Spai/Fisheries was in the context of Heath and the negotiations in the early 1970’s so the timeline is clearly wrong

I was referring to two different documents John, undoubtedly produced at different times. Apologies if I was unclear - there's a lot rattling around in my skull at the moment.  Anyhow - still haven't seen anyone stating a positive case for the crowd at the sharp end of the EU...

On 1/16/2018 at 8:20 PM, Freggyragh said:

My worry is that failure to get a workable deal will mean a generation of stagnation followed by an inevitable attempt to re-join, which will be allowed on much less favourable terms, certainly meaning switching to the Euro, no rebate and joining Schengen at the very least.

So, as I continue to ask, if anyone can see any genuine opportunities or economic upsides to Brexit please post them - it really would lift the mood if any of you ardent leavers can show a silver lining that isn’t just symbolic. 

Total fantasy. How long do you believe it will take for the UK to decide that independence is so intolerable that it will be begging to get back into the EU wonderland? By then there will be no Schengen because it is already proving disastrous on the continent and barriers are going back up for purely practical reasons. The euro will not last long enough for the UK to be forced into. The EU is on skid row and heading for the dustbin of history.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, woody2 said:

3rd reading today.......

passed by 324 votes to 295:lol:

17 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Yes, just like now. The U.K. government has the right to send EU nationals who can’t support themselves back after three months. The U.K. decided they didn’t want to do this. 

the uk has been stopped sending them back......