i win again 3-nilthumbsup.gif

#1142 woody2

woody2

MF Veteran

• Regulars
  • 3,246 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:35 AM

EU 'not in hostile mood' as Brexit talks beckon, says Juncker

"Yes," conceded European Commission President Jean Claude Juncker to me in an exclusive interview. "We are not in the best form and shape we could be in."

"I am everything but in a hostile mood with Britain. Britain is part of Europe, and I hope to have a friendly relationship with the UK over the next decades."

Mr Juncker admitted he did not want any more "exits": Nexit, Oexit, Dexit, Frexit or otherwise.

That would be the end, he said, if three, four or five more countries left. The EU would collapse.

remoaners won't like thisthumbsup.gif

this sums up the eu....

as the leaders of the EU's 27 countries clink champagne glasses in plush, security-tight surroundings on Saturday - all is not well in the Europe outside their gates: youth unemployment persists (especially in the south), terror attacks, illegal migration, inequalities in the Eurozone, Brexit and a tide of anti-establishment populist nationalism across much of the bloc.

#1143 woolley

woolley

MF Veteran

• Regulars
  • 16,814 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:48 AM

What is the EU actually for? Does anyone remember? It seems that we wouldn't have a problem trading with European countries if only the EU didn't exist to stop us.

#1144 woody2

woody2

MF Veteran

• Regulars
  • 3,246 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM

What is the EU actually for? Does anyone remember? It seems that we wouldn't have a problem trading with European countries if only the EU didn't exist to stop us.

and when the usa propose tariffs and all they go on about is free trade, yet say it won't be offered to the uk...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users