the stinking enigma

formula 1 2017

100 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

hamilton one more pole off schumachers record is some achievement. i'm sure all will agree lewis has to be considered as the greatest english driver of all time.

Capital E when you spell English...;)

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Capital E when you spell English...;)

And apostrophes please.

1 person likes this

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, the stinking enigma said:

hamilton one more pole off schumachers record is some achievement. i'm sure all will agree lewis has to be considered as the greatest english driver of all time.

It's hard to compare drivers and era's especially when you consider how little driver involvement there really is today along with the reliability of cars (of which Hamilton is also in the best car and has been for most of his career).   Drivers of previous era's wouldn't be able to accumulate statistics of modern day  drivers generally because of the failure rates of the machinery at the time.

I believe he could too I just can't see anything stand out that would indicate he's the greatest british driver ever.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

Hamilton could drive in any era. There's no way of proving that of course, just my opinion

he refused at goodwood a few years to drive one of the old F1 cars.....

At one time the top drivers would compete in any type of car.  Stirling Moss, for example, won Grand Prix, sports car races and saloon events both on track and in rallies.

2 people like this

....best bit of driving I remember is Moss's sister Pat Moss Carson. She was in a mighty long, long drift on a gravel road, so controlled, so smooth so Saab!!...........I think it was a Saab, it was a long while ago........

2 people like this

The halo safety device: the teams do not like it, the fans do not like it and most of the drivers dislike it.  So the FIA has decided that all cars will be fitted with halos in 2018.