Douglas Prom

Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

374 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Bigclive said:

Because they couldn't be arsed.  And besides, the hall was at capacity.

If they couldn't be arsed then it is hardly contentious.

26 minutes ago, Gladys said:

If they couldn't be arsed then it is hardly contentious.

There might have been considerably more there if they'd known the details (still to be released?!) of what was being proposed or intended. It's the wide end of half a million pounds. With no defined purpose released as yet. Probably because there isn't one, other than sentiment. Which is certainly not fully shared throughout the town, to the best of my knowledge.

It's a question of procedure for a great deal of money. Not a minor purchase like a new vehicle or brush and shovel set. And I hope they've had it thoroughly surveyed to dispel Malarkey's assertion that it needed demolition?

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Any news on which offers Malarkey rejected to accept this one?

No names were ever officially given

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There might have been considerably more there if they'd known the details (still to be released?!) of what was being proposed or intended. It's the wide end of half a million pounds. With no defined purpose released as yet. Probably because there isn't one, other than sentiment. Which is certainly not fully shared throughout the town, to the best of my knowledge.

It's a question of procedure for a great deal of money. Not a minor purchase like a new vehicle or brush and shovel set. And I hope they've had it thoroughly surveyed to dispel Malarkey's assertion that it needed demolition?

Might have been

Might have been more support

Might have been the same

Here's a media release from RTC regarding the results of the survey we had about it

I didn't go because Rhumsaa already knows my views. Most people don't really give a shit, that's why it's delegated to the commissioners for this very reason. There doesn't need to be a referendum on everything! 

6 minutes ago, Tarne said:

I didn't go because Rhumsaa already knows my views. Most people don't really give a shit, that's why it's delegated to the commissioners for this very reason. There doesn't need to be a referendum on everything! 

Appreciated some alternative opinions, it's a danger getting into a confirmation cycle

1 person likes this

I hope that something useful comes of it. But I can't think of anything sorry. Info like occasionally shopping in Ramsey, especially around Christmas, its good for gifts. 

What's the score with the empty plot on Parliament street that had the painting on the walls and was like a picnic area that is now fenced off? Seems a bit of a waste.

I wish they'd demolish the building so I don't have to keep hearing about it. So much going on yet this stupid building is grating everybody's butt.

12 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I hope that something useful comes of it. But I can't think of anything sorry. Info like occasionally shopping in Ramsey, especially around Christmas, its good for gifts. 

What's the score with the empty plot on Parliament street that had the painting on the walls and was like a picnic area that is now fenced off? Seems a bit of a waste.

Grass meaning nature isn't "empty space". I hope more of Ramsey and other towns become "empty space". Sick of seeing buildings everywhere, ruining the view.

16 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It's in private ownership, always has been. The fencing came down months ago.

Its been a while since I was up there, glad the fencing is down. I sat there once trying to eat an enormous slab of rocky road from the deli opposite. 

1 person likes this

In the summer it's a nice spot to sit and eat at 2am when you're wankered and have just bought two pizzas and three kebabs after a night around town. 

6 people like this

27 minutes ago, Terminal said:

In the summer it's a nice spot to sit and eat at 2am when you're wankered and have just bought two pizzas and three kebabs after a night around town. 

The amount of times I've seen drunken people try and start up a conversation with the statues there is crazy

11 minutes ago, Tarne said:

The amount of times I've seen drunken people try and start up a conversation with the statues there is crazy

Edited by dilligaf