Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SuffolkNGoode

Manx Gas Re-Banding Notification

105 posts in this topic

There's an assertion made in the current comments on iomtoday that IoM Govt is currently operating @ 120 accounts on (local) social media....

Just saying.....

30 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Don't forget Notwell has delighted us for the last few weeks how his new house is oil. Only to find out when he's moved in, it's gas. How can anyone this stupid be taken seriously on this forum. 

Just confirms everybody's suspicion you are a government worker. Thick as fuck. 

To be fair I'm a busy fella and I did think it was oil. It's no big deal to me.  I wouldn't make a decision about buying a house based on oil or gas heating.  It accounts for a nominal amount of the price of a house.  I also have a choice to convert to oil if I could be arsed/really wanted to.  Which I might once I've had time to see how things pan out. 

And as I've said before aside of some Armed Forces time I've never worked for a government.  Genuinely couldn't afford the pay cut. 

It's amazing how bitter idiots like you are.  I mentioned a positive experience and suddenly the suicide squad are jumping all over it.  Despite me saying I'm unhappy with the general overall cost.  And you think I'm thick as fuck?:rolleyes:

Edited by notwell
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

There's an assertion made in the current comments on iomtoday that IoM Govt is currently operating @ 120 accounts on (local) social media....

Just saying.....

It's not an assertion, it's based on a reply in Tynwald: Watterson askedHow Government’s communications will respond to Facebook, Twitter and other nontraditional media? and got the reply from Chris Thomas:

I would like to make clear that this response relates to the communications activities of the Government, and not the personal social media activities of Ministers or Hon. Members. Government has recognised and embraced the significant role digital media plays in communicating with diverse audiences. The Government is committed, within available resources, to making effective use of appropriate channels of communication with as many  people as possible. Understanding and maximising the influence of digital media, within a broad mix of media, will continue to be a fundamental and evolving part of Government’s communications efforts in the years ahead.

More than 120 channels are currently being used by Government Departments across, what I understand to be, the world’s five leading platforms: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube. The power of digital media and its ability to communicate directly with the public is also harnessed to complement Government’s extensive work with the print and broadcast media, which remain powerful influencers of public opinion.

The Department of Economic Development provides a good example of how Government coordinates a range of digital media channels to target distinct audiences across its business sectors. That Department actively engages partners, vloggers and well known personalities to raise international awareness of the Isle of Man and to extend the value of the Island’s business proposition. Sector champions respond quickly to any comments or questions posed by potential visitors or investors to encourage positive sentiment.

Similarly, other Departments monitor digital media and interact directly with people, mostly through Twitter and Facebook. In conclusion, the level of engagement is constrained by available resources and, very importantly, the capacity of officers to respond on issues of policy.

Which makes it sound like it is mostly those dull corporate-type sites that no one reads.  However I thought this interesting:

Secondly, the Cabinet Office Communications team actually does manage several Twitter accounts directly and monitors a variety of online conversations, often outside office hours, as part of the extensive Government-wide responsibilities. Staff will correct factual errors when appropriate but cannot and will not be drawn into comment of a political nature. However, monitoring social media and engaging with online conversations is labour intensive and interventions can have limited effect. Within these constraints, the Communications Service remains alert to current media trends and uses a broad mix of traditional and non-traditional media to effectively convey Government messages – at least it tries to.

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, notwell said:

I'm a busy fella

:D

1 person likes this

I Like Chris Thomas " The power of digital media and its ability to communicate with the public"

Unless of course the information the public would like is Commercially Confidential ! LOL

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

It's not an assertion, it's based on a reply in Tynwald: Watterson askedHow Government’s communications will respond to Facebook, Twitter and other nontraditional media? and got the reply from Chris Thomas:

Which makes it sound like it is mostly those dull corporate-type sites that no one reads.  However I thought this interesting:

The latter part of that quote reads to me as a statement that 24hr pro Govt trolling could be or is, in operation?

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo

3 hours ago, notwell said:

It's amazing how bitter idiots like you are.  I mentioned a positive experience and suddenly the suicide squad are jumping all over it.  Despite me saying I'm unhappy with the general overall cost.  And you think I'm thick as fuck?:rolleyes:

They're not bitter. They're just consistently showing you up for talking shite.

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, gettafa said:

Flats can't have oil central heating. Electric is the only alternative and the gas board will be only too quick to tell you the cost per calorie of electric compared to gas.

queens apartments have 2 electric meters per flat,  one is at a cheaper rate and only comes on a few hours a day and night to heat up the storage heaters.       also  the cost per calorie of the end product has little to do with the yearly cost when manx gas want around £400 a year from many folks just for the privilege of being able to buy the most expensive gas in the british isles.

10 hours ago, Gizo said:

Don't forget Notwell has delighted us for the last few weeks how his new house is oil. Only to find out when he's moved in, it's gas. How can anyone this stupid be taken seriously on this forum. 

Just confirms everybody's suspicion you are a government worker. Thick as fuck. 

The government has 120 social media accounts - and monitors online conversations about politics.

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/government-oversees-120-social-media-channels/

just saying.....

2 hours ago, asitis said:

What input did the taxpayers have to the gas pipeline ?

they paid for it !  .......

19 hours ago, La Colombe said:

:D

He is a busy fella. That's 120 social media channels he has to monitor during the day all on his own. As Roger Mexico points out above it was recorded on Hansard this week that:

...the Cabinet Office Communications team actually does manage several Twitter accounts directly and monitors a variety of online conversations often outside office hours, as part of the extensive Government-wide responsibilities. Staff will correct factual errors when appropriate but cannot and will not be drawn into comment of a political nature. However they are authorized to accuse people of talking "nonsense", frequently allege that they might be "embarrassing themselves" and, if the relevant permission of the DHSC Minister is obtained, allege that a social media commentor might be "mental", is suffering from "a serious mental illness", or is "retarded". In exceptional circumstances they are also empowered to allege that a particularly troublesome or non conforming poster may in fact be "in prison" 

Edited by hboy
3 people like this

7 hours ago, notwell said:

I'm all 120 of them apparently :rolleyes:

Everyone of them twatty.. :P

2 people like this