ginagreen

The food to picnic or camp

24 posts in this topic

Did you go out for a picnic or camping in summer? What do you usually bring with you? I just went to a picnic last weekend with my friends. We are about to be separated, so we want to leave the best memories. We prepared some sandwiches, a lot of small tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, some bread, and bought some salad and jam, and some chicken legs and meat strings. For drinking, we all agreed to drink hot tea, someone like jasmine tea, someone like green tea, my favorite is Oolong tea. Enjoying the delicious food and good tea, we all feel happy. The wind in the field is very gentle, with the smell of grass, we all left unforgettable memories. Can you share your story with me?

27 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

What....no lashings of ginger beer ?

sorry, not so much like drink.:lol:

It varies, but I like fizzy wine for a picnic. Nothing posh, a brut nature cava usually.  Nice bread, from Noa if on IoM. Cheese. Fruit, Empanadas if in Spain.

Edited by guzzi

7 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

What....no lashings of ginger beer ?

Boring fact of the day: That saying never appeared in any of the Famous Five books......

1 person likes this

Maybe from the Comic Strip series....... 5 go mad in.......:flowers:

Still very funny IMO and worth viewing :)

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, kevster said:

Boring fact of the day: That saying never appeared in any of the Famous Five books......

It may not have done, but I distinctly remember it -_-

2 people like this

Few bottles of buckfast, 40 Regal and a donor kebab wrapped in foil. 

4 people like this

12 hours ago, ginagreen said:

Did you go out for a picnic or camping in summer? What do you usually bring with you? I just went to a picnic last weekend with my friends. We are about to be separated, so we want to leave the best memories. We prepared some sandwiches, a lot of small tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, some bread, and bought some salad and jam, and some chicken legs and meat strings. For drinking, we all agreed to drink hot tea, someone like jasmine tea, someone like green tea, my favorite is Oolong tea. Enjoying the delicious food and good tea, we all feel happy. The wind in the field is very gentle, with the smell of grass, we all left unforgettable memories. Can you share your story with me?

Maccy D's on Dougy Head, then out Marine drive for afters.

1 person likes this

delighted to see that romance is alive and well on this island:lol::flowers:

14 hours ago, ginagreen said:

sorry, not so much like drink.:lol:

You're not one of those Canadian Girl Guides, are you? Doing fish conservation work with that 3X3 fella..? 

10 hours ago, guzzi said:

It varies, but I like fizzy wine for a picnic. Nothing posh, a brut nature cava usually.  Nice bread, from Noa if on IoM. Cheese. Fruit, Empanadas if in Spain.

Because my teeth are not so healthy, I can not drink carbonated drinks, so I try to avoid drinking soda, I miss the taste of soda.:wub:

4 hours ago, quilp said:

You're not one of those Canadian Girl Guides, are you? Doing fish conservation work with that 3X3 fella..? 

No, I‘m not.

Beach Mission?

Jacket potatoes, if you're old enough to play with fire! Wrap them in few layers of foil then crispen the skin at the end. Lashings of butter. ( that's surly true? Crumpets for tea and all that).