ginagreen

The food to picnic or camp

24 posts in this topic

On Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 2:59 AM, ginagreen said:

Because my teeth are not so healthy, I can not drink carbonated drinks, so I try to avoid drinking soda, I miss the taste of soda.:wub:

Fizzy wine isn't soda.

For a picnic, I am quite happy with whatever the staff have packed and prepared .

4 people like this

Do your staff ever surprise you Gladys?

Only on the back-stairs... 

1 person likes this

If you are having a Camp Fire, you can not beat BarBQ Hot Dogs Roasted on a Stick over the Fire then with Mustard and Relish applied to them after they are put in the Bun.

But while I was in Peel Camping Park, I had a Small Camp Stove so I got some Manx Beef Cubes and a Can of Puritan Irish Stew from a nearby Shop and after Sauteing the Beef Cubes (which I sliced up into Small Cubes) I added the Puritan Irish Stew and made a rather Tasty Camp Stew.

3X3

On Sun May 21 2017 at 2:14 PM, Donald Trumps said:

Do your staff ever surprise you Gladys?

Quite often, Donald.

I shall resist the urge to respond to Quilp to inform him that I do not have back stairs, but I do have a back passage and the staff aren't allowed there except on high days and holidays!

2 people like this

We've made roast dinners while camping (with Roxanne ofc). It helps that we have a van with a fully equipped kitchen :) I'm going to make a lemon meringue pie sometime, got me nan's whisk at the ready. 

On 21/05/2017 at 3:49 PM, TheDruid-3X3 said:

after Sauteing the Beef Cubes  I added the Puritan Irish Stew and made a rather Tasty Camp Stew.

Do you take the foil off the beef cubes before sauteing? I'm a vegetarian, so if I only have beef oxo cubes, I leave the foil on.

If the Bees have an induction cooker in their luxury camper, the ally foil would prevent the cube from cooking!

Edited by Kopek