Bray Hill

Jacksons

29 posts in this topic

Would anybody happen to know -

Who is covering the cost of the new road layout on Cooil Road providing access to the new car dealership being built on private land?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are.

 

Thanks

The Jacksons Group

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bray Hill said:

Would anybody happen to know -

Who is covering the cost of the new road layout on Cooil Road providing access to the new car dealership being built on private land?

 

 

I agree with the Teapot. You (we) are paying for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if there is one but these sorts of things can be directly covered by the developer through a section 56 legal agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theve bent over backwards to accommodate Jacksons so my guess is the tax payer...I mean who could turn away 100 new jobs !!!! Except there not but we know that but the powers that be couldn't work it out... !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a problem with the government putting all that infrastructure in. It's going to be a big improvement which is obviously going to lead to a UK style ubiquitous retail park going up. I approve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson's will be a small part of what we get up there.

I too have no problem.with the Gov. paying for the works up there.

If only half of the rumours are true, it will be worth it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Jackson's will be a small part of what we get up there.

I too have no problem.with the Gov. paying for the works up there.

If only half of the rumours are true, it will be worth it.

felt museum.........

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Theve bent over backwards to accommodate Jacksons so my guess is the tax payer...I mean who could turn away 100 new jobs !!!! Except there not but we know that but the powers that be couldn't work it out... !!

But there will be 100 new jobs. Probably more I suspect long term.  Plus it is creating significant work now at a time when it is needed.

You need to appreciate it isn't just a garage selling cars that is going to end up on that site.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which jobs will have to go to make way for them? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's government stoogonomics. The old jobs can be completely discounted. They're not really our jobs. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, notwell said:

But there will be 100 new jobs. Probably more I suspect long term.  Plus it is creating significant work now at a time when it is needed.

You need to appreciate it isn't just a garage selling cars that is going to end up on that site.  

Jacksons pitch was they would sell 1 millions worth of cars etc a week and create 100 new jobs. That was never going to happen in my view as all they have done is buy up existing dealerships and relocate the staff.. not new jobs but maintain current ones .  

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, La Colombe said:

It's government stoogonomics. The old jobs can be completely discounted. They're not really our jobs. 

They don't care about any old jobs being done by Manx people all they care about is the prospect of new jobs going to people who will be exempted from work permits so that they can stay here for a few years and create the illusion that things are changing and government pensions will continue to be paid. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The developer is paying, it was part of the agreement at the planning stage.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sarahc said:

Which jobs will have to go to make way for them? 

Do jobs always have to go when other jobs are created then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.