Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Husqvarna

Cannon camera help/advice wanted

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

First of all I am very new to anything to do with photography...........other than the usual snaps. I have always fancied a decent camera and have an opportunity to get hold of a used Cannon 6D. Can anyone advise me on this model, I guess it is a good version of this specific camera in the Cannon range; an idea of what such a camera is worth would also be welcome, this one is around 2 years old with two pretty basic lenses. Any help will be valued.

Thanks H

I treated myself to a Cannon 550D a few years ago and still trying to maximise the use on it. A friend of mine enrolled in the photography class at the college and said it was well worth it. Unfortunately I have enough hobbies and can't find the time to go to the classes. Might be worth a try for you though H

1 person likes this

Can you tell me what the lenses are (as much info as possible) please?  Make, size etc.  A thorough review can be found here:

https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canon-eos-6d

Some of the better online dealers would still sell it new for around a grand.  A typical high street price might be around £1399, again for a new one.  Used they seem to be around £900.  This is for the body only and does not include a lens.  There is a huge variety in lenses which can have a significant bearing on the overall value of the package.

Hi Phat Tog.

Thanks for the advice and the link. The lens with this unit are Cannon EF50 f1 6 11 and a Samyang f2 8 14mm ED AS IF wide angle.

I will now take a look at the web link. Thanks again, H.

The 50mm is what's called a 'standard' lens as it gives a perspective similar to the eye.  Lots of different versions over the years.  Probably worth about £60,  The Samyang 14mm is an ultra wide angle lens.  The lower the number in mm the wider the angle of view.  You can get them new for about £280.  It's manual focus though - most lenses for EOS are autofocus - but as it's a lens typically used for scenery not action, that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Thanks again for the information and advice. The more I hear about this stuff the more I realise I will need to know/learn about.

H