Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
llap

Noisy bikes

45 posts in this topic

IS THERE or should there be a maximum noise level that a motorcycle should allowed to reach before being engaged in criminal noise pollution? I have just nearly been deafened by one going past me and every weekend one goes past me very late at night and then very early in the morning waking me up. I vote yes there should be a maximum noise level and if there is already one in force then please advise how I go about reporting these plonkheads. They remind me of the F word episode of South Park. Nobody is impressed.

3 people like this

55 minutes ago, llap said:

IS THERE or should there be a maximum noise level that a motorcycle should allowed to reach before being engaged in criminal noise pollution? I have just nearly been deafened by one going past me and every weekend one goes past me very late at night and then very early in the morning waking me up. I vote yes there should be a maximum noise level and if there is already one in force then please advise how I go about reporting these plonkheads. They remind me of the F word episode of South Park. Nobody is impressed.

There is a law and it used to be enforced.

Same applies to cars too, but as you say, nobody seems to bother.

4 people like this

Two ways to complain. You can note the registration number of the offending vehicle and inform the police or you can post anonymously about it on a web forum. One way is more effective than the other.

5 people like this

12 minutes ago, piebaps said:

You can note the registration number of the offending vehicle  

Sure, if I had Bernard's Watch and could freeze time while I go get a notepad and pencil.

4dbb2d81-db21-4148-8475-4b3c4295b722.jpg

Bikes fitted with stupidly loud exhausts invariably seem to have stupidly small number plates which are impossible to read from any distance. I wonder why that is. 

2 people like this

I guess to make it hard for miserable moanings loons with nothing better to do that moan things that are not hugely important? 

2 people like this

14 minutes ago, notwell said:

I guess to make it hard for miserable moanings loons with nothing better to do that moan things that are not hugely important? 

Nothing better to do late at night and early in the morning at the weekend, eh? Oh, yeh, because us miserable moaning loons don't require SLEEP like the rest of the population.

2 people like this

13 minutes ago, notwell said:

The law considers it important that motor vehicles are identifiable from their number plates in the case of illegal activity. That's the point of a standardised numbering system. 

My bike has a pretty loud exhaust and quite a small reg plate. Where do you live llap dude, and what time do you go to bed?

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, notwell said:

I guess to make it hard for miserable moanings loons with nothing better to do that moan things  

2 hours ago, manxb&b said:

My bike has a pretty loud exhaust and quite a small reg plate. Where do you live llap dude, and what time do you go to bed?

I live in Derbyhaven and go to bed at 9pm.

4 people like this

42 minutes ago, llap said:

I live in Derbyhaven and go to bed at 9pm.

Excellent, I like Derbyhaven. After I wake you up will there be tea and biscuits, I'm rather partial to a Bourbon cream after a stint of being antisocial?