Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gettafa

Honours for top stock at the Royal

13 posts in this topic

Manx Radio

Well they say there's nought quite like self praise. And this one never sounded so smug.

I think there should be a new trophy for the 'farmer' who has managed to get the most out of the Government in land grants, just for being so fucking rich they own acres of the stuff.

Edited by gettafa
1 person likes this

It would be nice to know what some of these wealthier 'farmers' and landowners get in terms of tax breaks / holidays, 'agricultural' subsidies and support, tourism grants, land 'maintenance' allowances, rate and utility rebates, etc. I'll bet it's a fair old whack just for inheriting the oul man's farm or being in the HNW landowning club. There'll be no cut-backs there anytime soon. Perhaps Howard could come on Sunday Opinion and tell us....

7 people like this

I'm sure he's said on MR before that if there are any subsidies then it's his tenants that get to keep them. There's probably a way of getting them back via rent or loans etc though I suppose. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

Manx Radio

Well they say there's nought quite like self praise. And this one never sounded so smug.

I think there should be a new trophy for the 'farmer' who has managed to get the most out of the Government in land grants, just for being so fucking rich they own acres of the stuff.

At least he's enthusiastic about something I suppose - but then, does he get an utterly massive subsidy from his own government for doing it?

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I'm sure he's said on MR before that if there are any subsidies then it's his tenants that get to keep them. There's probably a way of getting them back via rent or loans etc though I suppose. 

Chief Minister Howard Quayle is on record as stating that it is his tenants who receive the subsidy not him, but we're not all as thick as Howard would like to think we are, and obviously the subsidy/grants are factored into the rent he charges. Obviously.

But putting money bags Quayle aside, it's about time a Tynwald member questioned these grants before even considering such as prescription charges, road tax increases, toilet tax etc,

etc

etc

Set up a committee to look at these grants. It would be interesting to see which Tynwald Members would vote against that. Family Farmer Phil Gawne was the mainstay of the support for these grants. Well he is well and truly in the garden now, and Twitter, so he's out the way.

By way of balance, it may well be the case that the committee and the public at large see that indeed this money is jolly well spent and the Isle of Man fat cats need to be given even more and if fact, as advocated by Phil Gawne, we would all die*, probably, if the money was cut or stopped to them.

*in bold to denote a Manxie Manxie whiney voice

Edited by gettafa
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Donald Trumps said:

At least he's enthusiastic about something I suppose - but then, does he get an utterly massive subsidy from his own government for doing it?

He's already utterly massive.

1 person likes this

Thank for reminding me of that Gawne classic Gettafa. There's a whole new thread just begging here of Gawne's pearls. I almost miss his farmyard vowels on the radio every day.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Thank for reminding me of that Gawne classic Gettafa. There's a whole new thread just begging here of Gawne's pearls. I almost miss his farmyard vowels on the radio every day.

I for one am pleased that the "G" word hasn't even been used on here since the election. I wish him a happy early retirement and hope he has a good MHK pension so that he doesn't ever have to consider standing for politics again. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
4 people like this

53 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I for gone am pleased that the "G" word hasn't even been used on here since the election. I wish him a happy early retirement and hope he has a good MHK pension so that he doesn't ever have to consider standing for politics again. 

I'm afraid your wishes are already in vain. Gawne has got his finger in so many pies, it's obvious he's not ready to retire from political life just yet.

He's now Clerk to Rushen Parish Commissioners, a Trustee for Manx National Heritage. You name it, he's joined it since he lost the election.

1 person likes this

Howard Quayle's an odious twat isn't he?

2 people like this

29 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Bumptious, even?

He's that alright. The Cambridge English Dictionary defines bumptious as "unpleasantly confident". I'm certainly confident of Quayle's unpleasantness.

2 people like this

I'd be happy if he was happy that he had been a good chief minister ! Sadly that's already not happening as quite honestly like the health services when he was Minister he hasn't a clue. What a pompous arrogant person ! Missing in action consistently when shit is flying ! And that's not from his stock .

3 people like this