Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
sm-iom

13 year-old cyclist forced off road by tractor

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

...................I don't agree with cyclists being removed from the roads, but I do wish they would think more about helping other road users and consider their own safety..............tractors off the roads at peak times???, a good idea but the weather doesn't listen to humans............

You're right of course, I'm actually for fewer restrictions on roads, I was just annoyed

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tibet said:

What you all need to do is step back from your computers, phones or tablets. Try some slow, deep breaths for five minutes or until you have calmed down. Then come back when you are grounded, objective, free from emotion, and able to think rationally before posting on any topics.

You're new here aren't you?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Mr Shoe said:

Where has the video gone?

the police put it up and the police took it down after the info they required was forthcoming.  

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

the police put it up and the police took it down after the info they required was forthcoming.  

That's unfortunate. Coz without seeing the end of the video, it just feeds the manx hatred of cyclists.

Can the Police please stop mentioning cyclists at all? They're really not helping. Which I always find odd considering how many coppers are cyclists.

It's not as if the farmer will receive any punishment.

6 hours ago, asitis said:

Glad this didn't end in tragedy !

No I think "Staying Alive" would be more appropriate

I will get my coat ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

I think you need to re-visit your trolling technique. It's too blatant to get a really angry reaction

That one posting epitomises just why the idiot hboy should be on everyone's ignore list

Could somebody draw a diagram of exactly what happened. I'm struggling to figure out why this isn't just another example of the cyclist lobby (who have a lot of influence over government) making a big fuss as part of their ongoing agenda to get more and more rights without paying any road tax.

3 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Could somebody draw a diagram of exactly what happened.

Well hboy tried to troll but it was such a blatant attempt that no-one bit.

You know about blatant trolling, yes?

Just now, Bobbie Bobster said:

Well hboy tried to troll but it was such a blatant attempt that no-one bit.

You know about blatant trolling, yes?

I'm just wondering what happened. I didn't watch the video so I'm in the dark as to exactly what took place. It sounds like nobody has done anything wrong and it was just an unfortunate set of factors that thankfully didn't result in an accident. However, thanks for jumping to prove my point about the cycling lobby. It's very quick to attack anybody who says anything at odds with their agenda to take control of the roads whose maintenance they don't pay toward.

9 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

I'm just wondering what happened. I didn't watch the video so I'm in the dark as to exactly what took place. It sounds like nobody has done anything wrong and it was just an unfortunate set of factors that thankfully didn't result in an accident. However, thanks for jumping to prove my point about the cycling lobby. It's very quick to attack anybody who says anything at odds with their agenda to take control of the roads whose maintenance they don't pay toward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-isle-of-man-41251530/isle-of-man-cyclist-13-driven-off-road-by-tractor

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Bit blatant, that attempt.

• Like 1