Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Mac the Knife

Ronaldsway Airport

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Argh. USE TWO SCANNERS!!!!

Again on Thursday passed through the "worst security experience in the world" 

One doddery old fool forgot to take his belt off and his liquids out of his bag thus held everything up for at least 5 mins.

The whole process stopped just for him because there's only one scanner for bags and people.

Stupid layout with the trays also, one person can need up to 4 trays to fit all their stuff in. 

Really, really piss poor. 

There has got to be some consequences for management here, there have been massive problems since October, and 6 months later the problems are still not fixed.

Just not good enough. Where's the accountability?

Everything you say is true but you’re also on the money when it comes to both doddery old fools and thick-as-pigshit others not being prepared. On multiple occasions I’ve seen staff say..”One bag of toiletries separate please” directly to travellers who blithely stick their bags through the scanner and then guess what...or they have belts on etc. etc. Nothing excuses the piss-poor set up at Reynoldsway but if you want an object lesson on just how fucking stupid some people are, travel by air.

Edited by Uhtred
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Does anyone at the airport actually have any experience in running an airport? Serious question.

They've been winging it for years. Plane to see. No one's got their hand on the rudder, seems they're in a right flap and could do with a bit of trim, no one seems to give a flying fuck! Some days, they haven't got the foggiest.. 

It's a fokker sometimes... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

If i was running the show i could sort these problems within a couple of days of standing there and observing them. And i'm thick as fuck. 

Ahh but you have to remember standing and observing then doing something doesn't create management posts nor look great on a CV. 

It would only take me 2 days to make sure the first wasn't a one-off. Observe from the first lot through until the last lot through. What else has she got to do with her time?

26 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

What else has she got to do with her time?

she must spend 4 hours a day eating to keep her figure up and another 2 shitting .

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Everything you say is true but you’re also on the money when it comes to both doddery old fools and thick-as-pigshit others not being prepared. On multiple occasions I’ve seen staff say..”One bag of toiletries separate please” directly to travellers who blithely stick their bags through the scanner and then guess what...or they have belts on etc. etc. Nothing excuses the piss-poor set up at Reynoldsway but if you want an object lesson on just how fucking stupid some people are, observe the security staff.

I'm beginning to feel a bit like Robinson effing Crusoe at the moment, trapped between utter incompetence at the airport and the racket with its hand in my wallet !!

• Thanks 1

I went through there last weekend. It would be a lot quicker if people used the time in the queue to take their laptops out of their luggage, put liquids into plastic bags and remove metal from pockets, rather than wait until they’ve got to the scannner and had a debate about the requirements with the attendant. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I went through there last weekend. It would be a lot quicker if people used the time in the queue to take their laptops out of their luggage, put liquids into plastic bags and remove metal from pockets, rather than wait until they’ve got to the scannner and had a debate about the requirements with the attendant. 

This is very true but without wishing to make it groundhog day in here, these people exist in airports all across the UK.  The setup of the security area is the underlying issue that makes our airport spectacularly shit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2