Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
piebaps

More generous expenses

11 posts in this topic

An FOI response has detailed some more trip costs for some of our politicos. Look in the Clerk of Tynwald section at this link for Trinidad & Cameroon

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/freedom-of-information/freedom-of-information-responses/#accordion

Mr Rodent has his Twatterson moment at Ronaldsway with an expense claim for a coffee and a kit kat.

ETA it was only £3.04 but that's kinda not the point.

Edited by piebaps
2 people like this

So they can just go to the Travel Center "Here's £2200, find me accomodation and flights under that" 

There is absolutely no cost control there at all. There might well have been an option half that price (and just pricing it up now there is)  

Why can't I see the link to the specific request? Maybe I'm the only one trying the link outside the IOMG intranet? 

What's a doyle, is that some sort of government insult? 

I dont see what the issue is here. I'd be more concerned about them staying at the Hyatt Regency than £3.70 on a coffee and KitKat at the airport. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

1 hour ago, piebaps said:

Mr Rodent has his Twatterson moment at Ronaldsway with an expense claim for a coffee and a kit kat.

That’ll be because Mr. Rodent is a cunt.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

That’ll be because Mr. Rodent is a cunt.

;)

1 hour ago, Tarne said:

So they can just go to the Travel Center "Here's £2200, find me accomodation and flights under that" 

There is absolutely no cost control there at all. There might well have been an option half that price (and just pricing it up now there is)  

It's £1100 per.person you fucking Walter.:lol:

All looks about what you'd expect to pay for the flights etc.

Quite an odd FOI request.  What's the angle?

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

What's a doyle, is that some sort of government insult? 

I dont see what the issue is here. I'd be more concerned about them staying at the Hyatt Regency than £3.70 on a coffee and KitKat at the airport. 

I agree sultan. No harm in feeding the troops etc when we send them away. But not even getting out of Ronaldsway before starting the feast!!

2 hours ago, piebaps said:

An FOI response has detailed some more trip costs for some of our politicos. Look in the Clerk of Tynwald section at this link for Trinidad & Cameroon

https://www.gov.im/about-the-government/freedom-of-information/freedom-of-information-responses/#accordion

ETA it was only £3.04 but that's kinda not the point.

That wasn't an incidence of face feeding at the taxpayers' expense. It was a thoughtful contribution to boosting the Island's GDP before leaving on important government business.

Why is it itemised anyway? I thought that was the kind of spending covered by the £7k no-questions-asked expense allowance. No?

1 person likes this