Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

I wish I hadn't bothered with 4G now - getting pap download speeds all of a sudden (I'm guessing this is related to the approaching Christmas hols and lots of devices being used elsewhere).  Now getting about 4-5 mbps.   Anyone else on 4G broadband having the same issues?

Contention is always going to be an issue. But, separately - have you tried using an external antenna?

Also - have you changed something in the near environment. For example - led Christmas lights? I know that some people put their lights up very early these days.

Hmmm... we have lots of  Xmas lights!  And I moved the Alexa recently - much closer.  I'll move a few things around.  Thanks for info.

Try it with all the lights turned off and Alexa unplugged.

Edited by pongo

Maybe. There is no definite answer since it depends on the site.

There are a variety of options with respect to external aerials. That one is omni directional. Depending on your location a directional one might work better. And it depends on how good the signal is to begin with. If you are already in a strong signal area then signal will not be the issue. Or may not be the issue.

One potential issue with an external antenna is cable loss. Ie that the advantages of an external antenna are offset by signal lost over the length of the cable. There is no single correct answer.

Edited by pongo