Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
war baby

Fireworks in Douglas

Does anybody have any information on the time of this year's Bonfire Night display on the promenade in Douglas?  The Corporation website lets us know it is to be on Friday (not 5th Nov) but does not say when.

Although advertised for the Friday this is to give them time to set them off on the real day following technical difficulties like last year.

• Haha 1

Bonfire lit at 7.30 fireworks at 7.40, both subject to change.

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Last couple of times I've tried sharing a fb link on here it hasn't worked

is this since the update? i've noticed it doesn't seem to embed links anymore.....

No, but burning druids is looking to become more popular.

There are fewer and fewer small neighbourhood bonfires which is where effigies were burned. Big organised displays tend not to favour ritualistic burning of Catholics. Its probably against the Equality Act.

youngsters collecting "penny for the guy" was part of my childhood, but I'm afraid it's been overtaken by that bastardised US/North American culturallly imperialistic orange and black pumpkin driven nonsense of Halloween.

Wish you'd take it back along with coke, pepsi, Big M, KFC and Burger King, plus Black Friday ( which used to, and probably still does, mean something very different here )

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, but burning druids is looking to become more popular.

There are fewer and fewer small neighbourhood bonfires which is where effigies were burned. Big organised displays tend not to favour ritualistic burning of Catholics. Its probably against the Equality Act.

youngsters collecting "penny for the guy" was part of my childhood, but I'm afraid it's been overtaken by that bastardised US/North American culturallly imperialistic orange and black pumpkin driven nonsense of Halloween.

Wish you'd take it back along with coke, pepsi, Big M, KFC and Burger King, plus Black Friday ( which used to, and probably still does, mean something very different here )

Turnips all the way...

Only for some.