Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
yootalkin2me

Where's Allan Bell

'Where's Wally' but I wonder more 'Where's Allan Bell these days. Did he fly off to retire in the sun or has he remained on Ellan Vannin?

I spoke to him a few months ago. No call from or involvement with Govt.

I've heard since he is pursuing some business interests.

He might be a wally spendthrift politically...but he is good at PR and flannel and would be quite useful defending the island's interests at these, currently, troubled times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whenever Mr Bell gets a mention on here I always think of the picture Lonan3 posted up of "Bell's view of the future" and it always makes me smile....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why the whereabouts of a private citizen is worthy of public discussion. He's no longer in politics and is entitled to as much privacy as the rest of us.

Does the job description for a publicly-elected post include a warning that a lifetime of social media harassment is included with the post ?

Are elected officials not entitled to a private life, even after they retire ?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Whenever Mr Bell gets a mention on here I always think of the picture Lonan3 posted up of "Bell's view of the future" and it always makes me smile....

I can't find it

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

I can't find it

Neither can I

I'm not sure that democracy works very well if we say it's acceptable to harass elected representatives on their past work, even after they cease the "job" of representing their electorate.

Having a workplace pension, whoever pays for it, doesn't give the entitlement to engage in personal abuse for the rest of their lives, any more than chucking stones through the windows of retired bank managers because of the financial crisis.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

Spotted walking ramrod straight like he had a broomstick up his arse in ramsey this weekend.

_20171114_190546.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Spotted walking ramrod straight like he had a broomstick up his arse in ramsey this weekend.

He's certainly spent much of the summer out and about in Ramsey though I'm not sure that tight "gay icon" t-shirts are exactly befitting of a man in his 70's....:lol: