Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Manx Bean

We are Saved - The Airport Gateway To The Rescue!

Recommended Posts

http://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_502014.html

Comments, please?

Article says:

 

The Economic Development Minister hopes a project that could create 1000 jobs in the south of the Island is ready to progress to the next phase.

Laurence Skelly confirmed in this week's sitting of the House of Keys that the Airport Technology Gateway Committee is ready to present its recommendations to the Environment and Infrastructure Committee after a year of planning.

The Government claims research shows a technology park near an airport creates a desirable gateway for investors, which could result in up to 1000 new jobs being created at Balthane and Ronaldsway.

The DED has concluded mapping and a feasibility study, and says there is over 400,000 square feet of land available to be developed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

http://www.energyfm.net/cms/news_story_502014.html

Comments, please?

Article says:

 

The Economic Development Minister hopes a project that could create 1000 jobs in the south of the Island is ready to progress to the next phase.

Laurence Skelly confirmed in this week's sitting of the House of Keys that the Airport Technology Gateway Committee is ready to present its recommendations to the Environment and Infrastructure Committee after a year of planning.

The Government claims research shows a technology park near an airport creates a desirable gateway for investors, which could result in up to 1000 new jobs being created at Balthane and Ronaldsway.

The DED has concluded mapping and a feasibility study, and says there is over 400,000 square feet of land available to be developed.

 

Didn't the Freeport die on it's ass and now looks like a ghost town?

What has changed ?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, until I see concrete evidence, I shall file this announcement with Skelly's previous statements pertaining to the arrival of 6 Chinese banks, the 500 new jobs announced in January last and the 400 families expected to move to the Island.

It's filed under "H". For Horseshit.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Personally, until I see concrete evidence, I shall file this announcement with Skelly's previous statements pertaining to the arrival of 6 Chinese banks, the 500 new jobs announced in January last and the 400 families expected to move to the Island.

It's filed under "H". For Horseshit.

Indeed, another bullshit scheme. This time next year Rodney we’ll all be ... employed by IOMG chasing costly rainbows looking for pots of gold  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Personally, until I see concrete evidence, I shall file this announcement with Skelly's previous statements pertaining to the arrival of 6 Chinese banks, the 500 new jobs announced in January last and the 400 families expected to move to the Island.

It's filed under "H". For Horseshit.

Horseshit is good for roses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But the rose company buggered off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Vision Nine, Skelly is now clinging on by his fingernails. Expect a few more desperate PR efforts from him over the coming weeks. PRatt.

If Quayle doesn't sack him, it will prove Quayle is just another bullshit caretaker leader till we don't have a pot to piss in.

2017-11-16-18-21-28-.jpeg

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Horseshit is good for roses.

Indeed. Unfortunately, history shows that anything rooted in Skelly's variety curls up and dies.

Skelly and DED are a minister and Dept now utterly out of any credibility whatsoever IMHO. Which is why DED is to be axed (which will also usefully dispose of any further skeletons). But I don't doubt that composing this latest release kept a lot of them busy and believing that they were in gainful employment.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup Skelly needed some good news something concrete, not just another list of aspirations which is what this is.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Personally, until I see concrete evidence, I shall file this announcement with Skelly's previous statements pertaining to the arrival of 6 Chinese banks, the 500 new jobs announced in January last and the 400 families expected to move to the Island.

It's filed under "H". For Horseshit.

 

6 minutes ago, asitis said:

Yup Skelly needed some good news something concrete, not just another list of aspirations which is what this is.

 

who is iomg's supplier again....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Albert Tatlock said:

It's 1000 new jobs...camouflaging private jets.

Absolutely anything Skelly and the DED does is bound to be utterly fantastic in every possible way. This will provide Blog content for years and years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Brother Numspaa said:

Does Skelly have a belly button? Just wondering as he looks like he's the type of person who doesn't.

I don’t know you could be right. I think I will ask him as you never know what goes on under the shirt. Take me, I’m actually a smoothie. Not a lot of people know that. I’ve got no hair, no belly button and no nipples. It’s quite liberating actually.

Edited by TittySmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×