Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
the stinking enigma

Trump gives Jerusalem away

Thoroughly decent of him some might say, others may not. Are there any investigations in the pipeline into Israeli influence in the US elections? Or is it considered anti-semetic to even think it? 

I think this may cause a little consternation to people that don't matter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-middle-east-42250399

Edited by the stinking enigma
Edited to insert deliberate spelling mistake.
  • Thanks 1

There is no israel, only an area of the Levant that has been stolen from its rightful owners. 

A manifesto commitment for Trump, apparently.  Nevertheless, an extraordinarily clumsy and provocative move.  Plus ça change.

It was a manifesto commitment of the younger Bush, too, but he was sensible enough to leave well alone.  

It says something when Bush Jr is used as an example of caution. 

there will be no snow left at this rate.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

It was a manifesto commitment of the younger Bush, too, but he was sensible enough to leave well alone.  

It says something when Bush Jr is used as an example of caution. 

Well done, Trump, for having the practical common sense to recognise basic reality. Jerusalem is Israel's capital. It always has been. Trump isn't saying all of Jerusalem belongs to Israel, as that is a whole different discussion (I happen to think all of it belongs to Israel, as does everyone else with at least two functioning brain cells). It's just recognition that the areas of Jerusalem which are within the legal borders of Israel do constitute Israel's capital. This is a big nothing burger. Nothing has really happened other than that America is going to move an Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. But go ahead and make out it's a big deal to acknowledge that 2+2 =4.

6 minutes ago, Ken said:

Well done, Trump, for having the practical common sense to recognise basic reality. Jerusalem is Israel's capital. It always has been. Trump isn't saying all of Jerusalem belongs to Israel, as that is a whole different discussion (I happen to think all of it belongs to Israel, as does everyone else with at least two functioning brain cells). It's just recognition that the areas of Jerusalem which are within the legal borders of Israel do constitute Israel's capital. This is a big nothing burger. Nothing has really happened other than that America is going to move an Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. But go ahead and make out it's a big deal to acknowledge that 2+2 =4.

There is no israel state, just a stolen piece of land that must and will be returned to its rightful owners. There is no need for a jew homeland after all there is no Roman Catholic homeland nor a Moslem homeland nor a Protestant homeland so what makes the jew any different than anyone else. 

I suppose if you're not a Jew, and you're a rabid Jew-hating bigot, there's no need for a Jewish homeland.

But the fact is, the area of Israel and certainly the city of Jerusalem have been the homeland of the Jewish people for over 4,000 years.

That's all. I have nothing further to add and no interest in responding to any bigoted nonsense you might respond with.

My guess is after the terrorist attacks inspired by this and maybe the odd bomb at the new US embassy that israel will move it's border out towards the west bank more to protect it's capital city from these dastardly terrorists. It's child's play

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken said:

I suppose if you're not a Jew, and you're a rabid Jew-hating bigot, there's no need for a Jewish homeland.

But the fact is, the area of Israel and certainly the city of Jerusalem have been the homeland of the Jewish people for over 4,000 years.

That's all. I have nothing further to add and no interest in responding to any bigoted nonsense you might respond with.

1 hour ago, Ken said:

I hope you're right, Mr Stinking.

Anything further to add ?:lol:

• Haha 1