Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Barrie Stevens

Brexit and financial services/City of London

11 hours ago, ballaughbiker said:

I very much doubt all 17.4 million think like you. I'd wager half just might at best*.

You made it very clear at the start of this that now you (only just) achieved the result you want you now didn't give a f about anything else. Had that not been the case you would have said "at any price" which is where our opinions diverged.

Your idea of life outside the EU is now decades old and the world has moved on. There are bound to be new opportunities that taking this risk will bring and I just hope they outweigh the disadvantages of being outside the EU. Mind you, your mind has been unequivocally made up that there are no disadvantages which indicate to most that either

1) You are winding us up like a clock

2) You are incapable of accepting any alternative evidence.

* shall we say 10% of the population, ok, ok 15% then? 

No, let's leave it at tens of millions.

Alternative evidence that to remain under the unelected undemocratic EU would be beneficial to the UK? I have seen absolutely non when set against the costs of remaining.

• Like 2

No, let's leave it at tens of millions.

Alternative evidence that to remain under the unelected undemocratic EU would be beneficial to the UK? I have seen absolutely non when set against the costs of remaining.

Well you would want it to be 10s of millions, I can understand that, but it doesn't make it fact.

There is one aspect of all this usually ignored by leavers. Their views of the post brexit panacea are hopes, predictions and aspirations that may or may not happen. In contrast, staying in is working from a known point based on evidence. 

I think we all know the EU if far from perfect but any chance of reform is now gone along with the toys over the pram side.

The behaviour of Brussels no doubt will have made a considerable number of those who voted to remain change their opinion. 

And our behaviour prior to this is irrelevant?

7 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

And our behaviour prior to this is irrelevant?

Totally.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

Well you would want it to be 10s of millions, I can understand that, but it doesn't make it fact.

There is one aspect of all this usually ignored by leavers. Their views of the post brexit panacea are hopes, predictions and aspirations that may or may not happen. In contrast, staying in is working from a known point based on evidence. 

I think we all know the EU if far from perfect but any chance of reform is now gone along with the toys over the pram side.

The creation of a United States of Europe is utterly abhorrent let alone unachievable. Reform would be to revert to nothing more than a trading bloc but that is so far from the agenda that it could never be achieved.

What is being overlooked by so many remoaners is the EU collapsing day by day. 

Good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rog said:

What is being overlooked by so many remoaners is the EU collapsing day by day.

The Euro will collpase before the end of 2012.  Mark my words!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

No one is saying French registered companies with French staff are going to lose the right to sell French services in France you utter oaf.

not what bazza claims......

10 hours ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Half of them won't be around for the next referendum.

thankfully the over 40 year olds population gets bigger every year.....

21 minutes ago, woody2 said:

thankfully the over 40 year olds population gets bigger every year.....

Thankfully? An increasing burden on the NHS and the pension system is a good thing? Setting totally aside political leanings of the young or old the country needs young people working and putting into the economy.

3 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Thankfully? An increasing burden on the NHS and the pension system is a good thing? Setting totally aside political leanings of the young or old the country needs young people working and putting into the economy.

1st i don't believe people vote a certain way because of age....

2nd the snowflakes claim that only old people voted for exit, that percentage of population gets bigger every year.....

i already posted this the other day, more cyber whining and wittering from you.....

8 minutes ago, woody2 said:

1st i don't believe people vote a certain way because of age....

2nd the snowflakes claim that only old people voted for exit, that percentage of population gets bigger every year.....

i already posted this the other day, more cyber whining and wittering from you.....

I didn't say either the 1st or the 2nd thing. I don't think people vote a particular way due to their age nor do I think only the old voted for Brexit, I never said either of those things. Please stop making wild assumptions about what I think.

I'm merely questioning why any country would want an ageing population where the old outnumbered the young, not normally seen as a good thing. I'm try to simply have a discussion with you, no cyber whining or anything else similar.

the 10 million eu nationals claiming houses, benefits, schools, council services and nhs treatment has a greater impact than a ageing population......

lets not forget the whole of the eu pays £12m to the nhs yet iomg pays the same for uk treatment, it stinks.....