Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
yootalkin2me

Plastic....Noooooo!!!

Why the hell haven't our supermarkets got large containers which can be filled with milk (from the outside) with taps on the inside so that consumers can fill up refillable bottles which would massively reduce plastic. 

Also, why the hell is fruit and veg wrapped in plastic, it makes no sense? And why the hell are there those little plastic bags that you put fruit and veg in still available, why not have paper bags, or even better tubs that you use to get to the checkout then get stacked at the checkout. 

The world is mental.

• Like 4

Not much wrong with plastic itself.

It's the way some idiots handle and dispose of it that should be addressed.

• Like 1

There's just too much though, every fucking thing's covered in plastic when in many instances it doesn't need it at all. I watched something on TV earlier and it showed a fucking vacuum sealed coconut which is being sold in the UK for crying out loud!

Edited by yootalkin2me
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

There's just too much though, every fucking thing's covered in plastic when in many instances it doesn't need it at all. I watched something on TV earlier and it showed a fucking vacuum sealed coconut which is being sold in the UK for crying out loud!

For research purposes only do you have a man bun, skinny jeans, a collection of chequered shirts, a beard, love Noa's bake house and own a huge collection of mason jars ???????

• Haha 2

We recycle all our plastic. Anything washable and having the recycling sign goes in the recycling box for collection. Anything covered in blood or guts goes in the bin (for incineration),

The rest goes in our multi fuel burner. :) How green is that?

• Like 1

............don't re-cycle all of ours but I do re-use plastic bags, margarine boxes and other containers..........my spuds are grown in old wood preservative drums for instance..............

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

............don't re-cycle all of ours but I do re-use plastic bags, margarine boxes and other containers..........my spuds are grown in old wood preservative drums for instance..............

Do you harvest "wood chips" ;)

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

We recycle all our plastic. Anything washable and having the recycling sign goes in the recycling box for collection. Anything covered in blood or guts goes in the bin (for incineration),

That's very good, we do the same. Again, the issue isn't with people recycling because that's happening and improving all the time, although we do live in a very disposable, I want the latest thing, society, the issue is that there's far too much unnecessary packaging especially when it comes to foodstuffs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

................that was quick.............lol:lol:

maybe they are "stake chips" at that.

.......you better leave it now, branching out like that, it's in the right vein but you are barking up the wrong tree......................truce??.........

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

For research purposes only do you have a man bun, skinny jeans, a collection of chequered shirts, a beard, love Noa's bake house and own a huge collection of mason jars ???????

Yes, and brown brogue boots but not the mason jars. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, yootalkin2me said:
41 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That's very good, we do the same. Again, the issue isn't with people recycling because that's happening and improving all the time, although we do live in a very disposable, I want the latest thing, society, the issue is that there's far too much unnecessary packaging especially when it comes to foodstuffs.

But I don't think we should turn the clock back though. We can't go back to loose goods, paper bags and boys delivering groceries on carrier bikes though can we.?

I recycle everything by putting it in my bin, bottles, fridges, tins anything you want really and every Wednesday a man comes very early to take it to Kewaigue to make Energy - and that's recycling....

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

.......you better leave it now, branching out like that, it's in the right vein but you are barking up the wrong tree......................truce??.........

There needs to be a root and branch review of these posts.

• Haha 1