Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Rog

Fishing in Manx waters ---

I read that there is a brouhaha kicking off about Scottish boats fishing in Manx waters for scallops and the policing of what they get up to.

Writing from a position of ignorance (nothing new there!) I wonder how many of these boats are really Scottish or are engaging in some form of quota hopping.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/679029/EU-pirates-net-our-fish-Quotas-worth-65m-surrendered-trawlers-EU

It's a big issue in the case of UK registered vessels that are actually delivering to EU ports and so is this also happening in the case of scallop fishing in Manx waters?

Where the EU is concerned what you see is very often not what you get.

Try reading the DEFA consultation thread

The Chief Minister seems to want to be everybody's friend, same as Team Tynwald are all lovey dovey, so hey why can't we all just be friends type of thing. Like that bloke from Westminster the other day, "a good friend of the Isle of Man" apparently. 

Maybe it's time Isle of Man Government grew some rather than just taking it up the jacksie as a default.

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 4

I'll be anybodies friend if they let me come into their home and pick up a grand off the tv every week and smile at me while I'm doing it!

• Like 1