Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has signed up to this service yet? I am struggling to get the connection speed a line test shows and have tried three different routers so far and the best one seems to be the Technicolor 589vacV2 which connects at 135Mb/sec down but line test shows it should be 180-200Mb/sec. If you have this service can you let me know what router you are using please?

Cheers.

I signed up in December with MT and finally got upgraded this week. I am still using my Draytek 2860AC and that is syncing at 100/30Mbps. Actual is 100/20. I do know the Draytek doesn't support the Annex beyond 100Mbps.

I will try the MT supplier Technicolor DGA4130 tomorrow to see how that goes.

Believe it or not, I am still running on 100Mbps with my Draytek.

Trying to get a 'maintenance window' this weekend to coordinate works around PS4, Netflix, Facetime, Instagram and two kids.

• Haha 1

Has anyone achieved the advertised speed on this service yet?

Edited by bilbo

Does the 589vacV2 not support this - Technicolor refer to it as profile BrcmPriv1 I believe? If not what routers are the ISPs here supplying that does - the 4130?

Edited by bilbo

MT supply the 4130 with the 200Mb profile. The 589 is for the standard VDSL up to 100Mb profile (17a)

Is  there a firmware for the 4130 knocking around, I can't see any mention of this device on the Manxtelecom website.

Edited by bilbo