Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
mannin1

Overpaid and Underworked !!

Another mammoth session for Leg-Co today, time to implement Lisvane report, ?

• Like 1

They're still keen to keep the bishop on board though.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Lisvane didn't call for the scrapping of LEGCO or the democraticising. 

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

They're still keen to keep the bishop on board though.

I wish people would stop bashing the Bishop!

• Sad 1

I love the Bishop, he is thoroughly lovely and you know? He probably isn't in the least bit interested in the trough wallers, he just has to go there as part of his job.  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, thebees said:

I love the Bishop

:lol::lol:

Sorry Bees....:lol:

Expect another in house exercise in matey voting which will ensure these parasites keep there mates on 50 k a year & lifelong pension rights which pass on to their survivors by the way, Shame of the Island they certainly are !

This undemocratic farce must surely be getting to the point whereby even our elected MHK's must be becoming embarrassed, by the whole pantomime.:angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, mannin1 said:

Expect another in house exercise in matey voting which will ensure these parasites keep there mates on 50 k a year & lifelong pension rights which pass on to their survivors by the way, Shame of the Island they certainly are !

This undemocratic farce must surely be getting to the point whereby even our elected MHK's must be becoming embarrassed, by the whole pantomime.:angry:

No embarrassment at all when they're all eying up a place in the first class carriage.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, finlo said:

No embarrassment at all when they're all eying up a place in the first class carriage.

No honour amongst this particular house of thieves....

• Like 2

There will be a good few more yet.......it is a good job they have sorted it out and is is now a straightforward process.....hmmmmmm

On 2/13/2018 at 6:30 PM, mannin1 said:

Yes he did Declan !!

No he didn't - 

https://www.gov.im/media/1352029/review-of-the-functioning-of-tynwald-gd-2016-0047.pdf

"I cannot support the direct election of Members of the Legislative Council."

He called for basically the current voting system except with a Nominations Committee instead of MHKs making the suggestions. Which sounds even less transparent and democratic than the current "process". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2018 at 10:45 PM, Non-Believer said:

:lol::lol:

Sorry Bees....:lol:

Seriously, he is lovely. I don't know why you're laughing. All the serious God people I know are lovely, I know some nob head religious people too but isn't that just life? Oh, must dash I have a very important musical discovery to share with anyone who will listen :)

The sickening thing is that Lord Lisvane's review has been buried by Juan Watterson and the rest of the old Keys brigade who are all on the gravy train. The new and inexperienced members were hoodwinked by the island's most travelled MHK!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The sickening thing is that the Lisvane report was an establishment whitewash that scuppered any democratising of the Island during the last Tynwald ("we must wait for  Lisvane") and this ("we must implement Lisvane first"). 

• Like 1