Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Manx Bean

Tell us something we don't know..

Road tax up to fix the TT course. Yeah, I voted for that.

13 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

So now its official - the majority of the roads budget will get blown on the TT Course, at the expense of the rest of the rapidly decaying road network on the Island. I suppose you have to at least admire the man's honesty.

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/road-racing-roads-come-first-says-minister/

And yet amazingly the TT always makes a profit as we count none of the infrastructure costs against the cost of putting the TT on. 

• Like 2

People tend to forget that the roads that make up the TT course, are also major routes linking east/west and north/south

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, kevster said:

People tend to forget that the roads that make up the TT course, are also major routes linking east/west and north/south

Which specific southern roads are you referring to ? 

As far south as Douglas

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

46 minutes ago, Kevmeister said:

Which specific southern roads are you referring to ? 

I was referring to the direction, not the physical endpoints - they don't go all the way north either

Surely the issue is not that the TT course is well maintained? (used by the public the other 48 weeks of the year).

The issue is that the rest of the island's roads are not maintained to anything like the same standard. For what we pay towards them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Might as well have titled this thread ''Let's have yet another anti-TT rant''.  Whether or not that was the intention is irrelevant because that is what it will turn into. What we have here is yet another example of an incompetent politician in an already incompetent and greedy CS who put a sizable proportion of all our taxes into maintaining the CS bloat, golden pensions, repaying questionable loans etc etc. Then they'll put out a statement to the effect of person A has priority over person B, it's called divide and conquer and while the tax payers are all busy bickering about it and pointing the finger at different parts of the community the sharks at the top of the food chain smile at their ever increasing bank balance. The islands roads should never have been allowed to get into the state they're in now, it's just another case of total mismanagement and no one is to blame except for the people who put us in this situation in the first place.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Surely the issue is not that the TT course is well maintained? (used by the public the other 48 weeks of the year).

The issue is that the rest of the island's roads are not maintained to anything like the same standard. For what we pay towards them.

Correct. I would add that the other roads away from the TT/S100, Government and Civil Servants are not really bothered with. They will get resurfaced when funding allows or it goes beyond safety. 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Correct. I would add that the other roads away from the TT/S100, Government and Civil Servants are not really bothered with. They will get resurfaced when funding allows or it goes beyond safety. 

Phil thought a lot about the sloc

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

if they started taxing cyclists.......

I get that buses cause significant damage to roads over time but it would have to be one Billy Bunter of a cyclist for a bicycle to cause any damage.

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

I get that buses cause significant damage to roads over time but it would have to be one Billy Bunter of a cyclist for a bicycle to cause any damage.

That would be woody on a bike then...:thumbsup: