Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Manx Bean

New Nags Palace

Recommended Posts

Seriously! What the f***!!???

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=39823&headline=£1.5m plans to rebuild horse tram depot&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2018

This really does make my blood boil. A raft of public essential services are on their arse, and we go and decide its perfectly OK to go and spend £1.5 (read £2m) on some swanky stables to support a "heritage" transport service that quite frankly we could very easily live without?

Do the clowns in DOI have no connection with reality or public sentiment at all? I would seriously question their competence and ability to serve this Island.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This basically illustrates the abject lack  of focus across government.

compare and contrast with the £2m Jurby Health and Community Centre.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ludicrous.  It's as if silly boy Gawne was still involved.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rog said:

Ludicrous.  It's as if silly boy Gawne was still involved.

But he’s not is he..? So who’s the genius behind it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the offices for the 16 engineering staff that interests me. More desk bound engineers than they have tram drivers no doubt....

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

This basically illustrates the abject lack  of focus across government.

compare and contrast with the £2m Jurby Health and Community Centre.

Lack of high level strategic planning /oversight across all areas.

No-one who understands that it possibly looks bad to the general populous to propose £1.5m on this (with zero possibility of payback) and refuse £150k meals on wheels subsidy..

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what happens when the population chooses apathy instead of direct action. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s be realistic, public protest about expenditure and MF opinions mean nothing to Clowns Cannan, Thomas, Quayle et al. Cannan has now gone on record saying the £1m Brexit Fund is now spent and they are dipping into the reserves. It’s the reserves I would be afraid of, rather lack or depleted amounts. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

This is what happens when the population chooses apathy instead of direct action. 

Don't be stupid.

 It was "direct action" that voted in this latest slew of self-serving chancers.

Yes they are shit. But they are your shit.

Maybe the tax breaks just aren't worth it after all.....

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Cannan has now gone on record saying the £1m Brexit Fund is now spent... 

No doubt meeting the costs of ferrying gobshite Quayle and a team of minders to all these vital *ahem* "consultations" with 4th tier UK politicians and picking up the dinner/bar bill in the Channel Islands.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Don't be stupid.

 It was "direct action" that voted in this latest slew of self-serving chancers.

Yes they are shit. But they are your shit.

Maybe the tax breaks just aren't worth it after all.....

By direct action I mean people not getting off their arse and actually standing for election. Nothing will change from the outside, you could argue nothing can be changed here from the inside either but that's a different argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone got that photo from the local rag of Don Gelling when CM exiting Tynwald buildings and making a "V" for "Victory" sign Churchill style. Trouble is Don got the fingers round the wrong way. Some people were kind and said it was a simple error. Was it though? It was a classic when attached to the news item. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

By direct action I mean people not getting off their arse and actually standing for election. Nothing will change from the outside, you could argue nothing can be changed here from the inside either but that's a different argument.

Eh????

People do stand for election.

Maybe you missed that bit....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×