Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
La Colombe

Scottish Parliament Rejects EU Withdrawal Bill

Recommended Posts

it would be if it was binding:lol:

the supreme court has already told them to fork off.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

miller played a blinder for leavers, not only getting the outcome judged by the supreme court as binding but dragged the daft snp along who got firmly put in place by the court......

:lol:

and the remoans thought it was a win for them.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's about respecting democracy and the will of the people. Scotland voted massively against leaving the EU. The English Parliament should respect that. Ditto the north of Ireland and most of metropolitan Britain including London (where the majority tax revenue is generated).

It would be massively undemocratic not to respect the will of the people in Scotland, Ireland, London etc.

Edited by pongo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, pongo said:

It's about respecting democracy and the will of the people. Scotland voted massively against leaving the EU. The English Parliament should respect that. Ditto the north of Ireland and most of metropolitan Britain including London (where the majority tax revenue is generated).

It would be massively undemocratic not to respect the will of the people in Scotland, Ireland, London etc.

the supreme court has already past judgement.....

unlawful and undemocratic is what the snp is doing.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't you believe in democracy Woody? Scotland voted against leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pongo said:

Don't you believe in democracy Woody? Scotland voted against leaving.

it wasn't a scotland only vote.....

its the snp been undemocratic not the uk.....

may ignored the ginger last year, no outrage happened and nothing will happen now.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pongo said:

" The survey commissioned by a left-leaning group in the European Parliament also found the majority of people (57.8 per cent) believe Northern Ireland should be given “special status” within the EU. "

Totally reliable source then! Where did they take the data? At Sunday Mass?

 

 

ETA: "The polling was conducted before Theresa May and the EU announced a breakthrough deal had been reached on the Ireland border issue, paving the way for talks to move on to the matter of future trade with the EU.

More than 2,000 people in Northern Ireland were asked whether they would vote to join a united Ireland or to stay in the UK "in the context of a hard Brexit... leaving the EU with no deal on the border, the Good Friday Agreement or citizens' rights".

 So not even conducted under the current known situation and not exactly a bunch of leading questions. They might as well have added "and a guaranteed return to the troubles". Desperate stuff, Pongo. I expect far better.

Edited by woolley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wto rules, uk don't put up a border, so it would be up to eu to do that...if they wanted it...uk don't break gfa....

next.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next? Well, watch your blood pressure now, because that’s NI and Scotland leaving the U.K. of course. After that it’s Gibraltar, the Channel Islands and us. Then it’s London, Wales and the North East getting their special dispensations, then it’s getting shafted in international trade followed by begging to rejoin on any terms. That’s if Brexit ever happens. That requires May’s team to first agree on what kind of unicorn it wants, and then sell the donkey they actually get to Parliament. Want a pineapple ring with that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Freggyragh said:

Next? Well, watch your blood pressure now, because that’s NI and Scotland leaving the U.K. of course. After that it’s Gibraltar, the Channel Islands and us. Then it’s London, Wales and the North East getting their special dispensations, then it’s getting shafted in international trade followed by begging to rejoin on any terms. That’s if Brexit ever happens. That requires May’s team to first agree on what kind of unicorn it wants, and then sell the donkey they actually get to Parliament. Want a pineapple ring with that?

is that the best you can do?

:lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, woody2 said:

is that the best you can do?

:lol:

Yeah. Over to you oh wise one, let’s hear all about your unicorn, (let me guess - the EU realise their weak hand and give Davis everything he promised, Boris magics up the ‘electronic border’, Donald Trump signs a free-trade deal including financial services and exemptions for U.K. steel, manufacturing and agriculture, the tories stop fighting and NI and Scotland realise the gammon were right all along. So much funnier the way you word it though.)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×