Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Snorri

Game of Thrones - what next?

There's no other way of putting it, GoT is absolutely fantastic. 

Can't remember if I read all the books prior to watching the first series, or as a result of watching the first series, but thoroughly enjoyed both and am looking forward to the conclusion of the series in 2019 (and the next book, whenever that appears!!)

I predict The Iron Throne will be melted by dragon flame...

21 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Can't remember if I read all the books prior to watching the first series, or as a result of watching the first series, but thoroughly enjoyed both and am looking forward to the conclusion of the series in 2019 (and the next book, whenever that appears!!)

Tha knows nowt Jon Snow

6 hours ago, b4mbi said:

And they'll become a republic and all the throne claimants will live happily ever after? I do think the throne will be destroyed and there won't be a king or queen.

Or maybe they'll all be blown up.

Or die bravely in battle, and be forever remembered for their heroism.

I've never seen Game of Thrones except for bits which I couldn't help watching on an aeroplane.  For gratuitous sex, violence, castration, Druid magic and general weirdness I would recommend "Britannia" which is tenuously based on the Roman invasion of Britain and I understand has quite a Game of Thrones sort of feel to it.  Season 1 aired on TV earlier this year and I am eagerly awaiting Season 2.  

The books are brilliant better than the tv series as you get more depth of character and plot, also the style is different as each chapter is based on one main characters perspective, which wouldn't work for tv. The casting for the tv show is very good using a mostly british cast and in particular Peter Dinklage is fantastic as Tyrion Lannister. The production is amazing for a tv show and set new standards for tv drama, it's arguably a landmark tv show as fantasy is notoriously difficult to translate to the screen, LOTR being the obvious exception.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2018 at 12:50 AM, Snorri said:

Also plenty of sexy scenes. Well worth watching.

And some tidy mutilation.  The geezer that had his balls cut off is Lilly Allen s brother no less.

perhaps she’ll make an appearance next time.

3 hours ago, sheswiththeband said:

valar morghulis

Valar dohaeris.

• Like 1