Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
Max Power

Peacocks

I've been reading a lot about feral Peacocks from the MSPCA just lately. It seems there are clusters of them at various locations around the island and they are trying to catch and relocate them 'if possible'?  

It seems they like sitting on cars and squawk a lot. Why not leave them alone, I'm concerned what will happen to them if they can't be relocated.

18 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I've been reading a lot about feral Peacocks from the MSPCA just lately. It seems there are clusters of them at various locations around the island and they are trying to catch and relocate them 'if possible'?  

It seems they like sitting on cars and squawk a lot. Why not leave them alone, I'm concerned what will happen to them if they can't be relocated.

I thought you were going to ask for advice on a cheap pair of jeans!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Where specifically? I know there's one that's lived in W. Baldwin for yonks, some on a farm on the Mullinarrager Road and some at Aragon House. Not seen any others out and about on my travels. Escapees from private collections I guess?

I have them coming to my garden, but this is where they should be. Anybody who has a peacock in their garden, please bring them in a car to me and I'll take care of them.

Often to be seen wandering around Andreas village.

• Like 1

There are some wandering around Tesco car park apparently on a regular basis. The Nunnery used to have some years ago and I wondered if they were descendants? 

There were some in Noble's Park at one time, they were a bit loud but not intrusive I thought.

There are some that have taken residence in the little nature reserve near Rushen church. Nice spot.

They taste just like chicken.

Posted (edited)

saw one outside portafino a few weeks back but it was a hen.

Edited by WTF

Posted (edited)

By the lake at mount Murray 

Peafowl for correctness. 

Edited by Gizo

1970s, Billown area used to always see them running wild along the road.

They are noisy buggers in the morning and can be a pain in the arse if you're looking for a lie in after sunrise (5am).

They've a few out at that house in Santon by Port Grenaugh. The one you can walk past up from the beach  (Lloyds chemist place)??