Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
yootalkin2me

World Cup Final

If England win tonight and get to the World Cup Final should a big screen be erected at Noble's Park or  The Villa Marina Gardens so that the match can be shown?

I for one definitely wouldn't mind at all rates or tax money being used to do this.

NO

But when our national team ( as in The Isle of Man team ) get to the final, I would pay towards it. :)

Edited by dilligaf

2 minutes ago, kevster said:

Clashes with Douglas Carnival

Carnival holds more interest. At least somebody local may be in it.

There are enough supporters of Premier League teams on the island for Douglas Corpy or the Government to do something regardless of you backward lot.

4 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

There are enough supporters of Premier League teams on the island for Douglas Corpy or the Government to do something regardless of you backward lot.

What a load of shite that sentence is. 

• Haha 1

Just looking at England's passage to the semi's and I have to say they have not faced a half decent side at all.

Some achievement eh ?

39 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Brain dead lowest common denominator Neanderthal types you mean, as witnessed by spending the last hour in a pub!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

If England win tonight and get to the World Cup Final should a big screen be erected at Noble's Park or  The Villa Marina Gardens so that the match can be shown?

I for one definitely wouldn't mind at all rates or tax money being used to do this.

Well, Douglas Corporation are no strangers to wasting ratepayers money. In this instance, they could get either Busheys or Hooded Ram to put up a big screen and a Bar. They could charge them an eye watering amount of money for the privilege. At least they could make some money.

38 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

What a load of shite that sentence is. 

In what way is it not factual, there are thousands of Premier League teams' supporters on this island and well you know it.

29 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just looking at England's passage to the semi's and I have to say they have not faced a half decent side at all.

Some achievement eh ?

In this case it's not the journey, it's the destination that counts.

And whatever the achievement, it's far more than you'll ever achieve you keyboard warrior.