Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
ecobob

Manx Telecom Mobile to Landline Costs

So, I know with pay as you go you get thousands of free texts and calls but I’m guessing this only applies from mobile to mobile? I’ve just topped up with £20, rung an office in Douglas, spent ten minutes on the phone and my credit has gone down to £18.  £1 for five minutes?  Is that right? I’m almost speechless. In fact, I’m going to have to be if they how much it costs to make a call from the mobile. Is there alternative using the inter web? I’d normally use what’s app but I don’t think the tax office has an account. 

• Haha 1

Aren’t they just the same? Don’t make me search for the info. I’m too weak. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

40p to connect, otherwise known as standard minimum cost, 40p/min after that to on Island fixed and mobile numbers.

Thats after you free minutes for a 20quid top up that lasts 30 days to get your free calls.

I’d be going into the shop if you can be bothered to stand and wait for someone who knows fanny all and suggests you ring up.

Edited by x-in-man
  • Thanks 2

40p to connect? 8 shillings? That’s ridiculous. You don’t even get to be put through by an operator using holes And wires. Thanks for letting me know though. 

I did edit to add you get free minutes with a 20 top up for 30 days.

Posted (edited)

You do but only to other mobiles. If you need to ring anyone respectable it soon eats up your credit.  A half hour chat would cost £12. I’m glad I don’t have any friends. 

And yes, ive spent months of of life standing in that shop. I’ve been attempting to make MMS work for years. Every so often when it’s raining I go in there to dry out in the queue. I’m always dry before I reach the MMS person and even if I did, like you say, fanny all. 

Edited by ecobob
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ecobob said:

Aren’t they just the same? Don’t make me search for the info. I’m too weak. 

They might be the same, I don't know, but Sure aren't Manx Telecom which is a good enough reason to switch.

29 minutes ago, ecobob said:

You do but only to other mobiles. If you need to ring anyone respectable it soon eats up your credit.  A half hour chat would cost £12. I’m glad I don’t have any friends. 

And yes, ive spent months of of life standing in that shop. I’ve been attempting to make MMS work for years. Every so often when it’s raining I go in there to dry out in the queue. I’m always dry before I reach the MMS person and even if I did, like you say, fanny all. 

+1