Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
worcester

Outsiders welcome?

Posted (edited)

I visited the IOM for the first time this week with my family instead of taking our usual break in Wales or the Lake District. Are tourists welcome? I was with my family in Douglas the other afternoon when we stopped to examine a cafe menu in the window. A woman flew into a rant because she had to walk around us, swearing about tourists etc.. On the same day a member of pub staff served every local who walked upto the bar while we waited to order a meal. In the end we left, only to see the locals laughing at our expense. Finally, as we drove back to our accommodation, a car tailgated us aggressively within inches for about half a mile, even though we were keeping to what we assumed to be a good urban speed. Moments later another car pulled out in front of us, causing us to break. What is all this about? We wanted a nice break, like we usually have, but this experience was a first and seemed totally bizarre. 

Edited by worcester
Spelling
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, worcester said:

I visited the IOM for the first time this week with my family instead of taking our usual break in Wales or the Lake District. Are tourists welcome? I was with my family in Douglas the other afternoon when we stopped to examine a cafe menu in the window. A woman flew into a rant because she had to walk around us, swearing about tourists etc.. On the same day a member of pub staff served every local who walked upto the bar while we waited to order a meal. In the end we left, only to see the locals laughing at our expense. Finally, as we drove back to our accommodation, a car tailgated us aggressively within inches for about half a mile, even though we were keeping to what we assumed to be a good urban speed. Moments later another car pulled out in front of us, causing us to break. What is all this about? We wanted a nice break, like we usually have, but this experience was a first and seemed totally bizarre. 

So you have been a member for 8 years and made 9 posts ?

Are you just a little shy ?

13 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

So you have been a member for 8 years and made 9 posts ?

Are you just a little shy ?

Hover over the OP's user name then click "Find Content".  A pattern will emerge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, worcester said:

Sweet christ on a cracker, another “newbie”

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, worcester said:

What’s bizarre is your fucking imagination. Fuck off and troll another forum 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, worcester said:

Moments later another car pulled out in front of us, causing us to break...

Clearly.

4 hours ago, worcester said:

Moments later another car pulled out in front of us, causing us to break.

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Yes. We only like our own trolls on here.

43 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Yes. We only like our own trolls on here.

Whatever floats your boat eh ?