Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Sign in to follow this  
gettafa

The simplicity of Red Shoes

I feel a little churlish posting this but I am sure Rachel would appreciate all publicity is good publicity.

There was an interesting article in this week's Isle of Man Examiner about the making of this year's Strictly Come Dancing show ad.

Private Eye had a different take on it however.

And I wonder what David Bowie might have thought. 

Redshoes 00 red01.jpg

Redshoes Ad PE 01.jpg

,....shit, I spilled auto transmission oil on my boots................whatever will folk be thinking?........

There was also a very famous film called the red shoes, all about ballet, I think this may have been the inspiration.   All the ballet fans on this forum must remember it.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

There was also a very famous film called the red shoes, all about ballet, I think this may have been the inspiration.   All the ballet fans on this forum must remember it.

Lol, film based on H C Anderson short story, very dark, B&W until the shoes came along and it went colour.

And then a full length dance drama based on the film. Where everything is colour apart from the dream/nightmare sequence which is B&W.

Am I allowed to say B**** or W****?

Edited by John Wright
  • Thanks 1

There was also a Spanish film about Red High Heels, somewhat different subject!!!

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

Lol, film based on H C Anderson short story, very dark, B&W until the shoes came along and it went colour.

And then a full length dance drama based on the film. Where everything is colour apart from the dream/nightmare sequence which is B&W.

An early horror film. She had to cut her feet off to stop dancing but the shoes (and feet) just kept on going.

I think that was the point of the Private Eye article. The video shows the shoes dancing on their own.

Unintentionally creepy.

Edited by gettafa

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

An early horror film. She had to cut her feet off to stop dancing but the shoes (and feet) just kept on going. Unintentionally creepy.

Not really early as a horror film, but yes, like most fairy tales (Grimm/AE Hoffman etc. ) the ending isn't pleasant and its one that wasn't sanitised by the Victorians into what we read today.

• Thanks 1