What Has Happened To The Manx Pound Note?

spermann

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder how much I would get for the plastic pound note I have knocking around somewhere

Seen one of those on ebay for £50, I managed to get £27 for 10 normal new pound notes with consecutive numbers from some Canadian mug bidder, oh and as for them being around got 2 in my change today.

I love to have some in my wallet to use when some dumb English trader starts ranting on about how good the £ is compared with the €. Talk about the world's most inflexible single currency zone - the sterlingzone! They never accept them - mind you if I told them the Manx ones sell for $9.99 on eBay it might be different...

PS: the CM gave me a handful in change in his shop at New Year. Maybe he gets issued with the new ones?

Wow...its amazing what crap people will buy on ebay, will have to dig out some "Manx collectables" to flog!!! :lol:

someone is selling a 20p coin for £2-50 + 99p p&p... I have a few of them lying around, I could make a fortune!

We should unilaterally adopt the €. The govt could then sell off the entire stock of Manx money on eBay as limited edition. And we could all retire to Maughold.

Alternatively - print more or the stuff with different pictures and sell it to collectors. Like the stamps. Apart from the actual profit, money which disappears from circulation is profit for the govt.

i allways take a few £1 notes with me when going to england, u be amazed at the amount of times that u hand it over the bar. that the person behind the bar wants one or the person standing next to you wants one of the notes,

thay normaly want u to give them it for free, but u just say pay for me drink and u can have this one, 8/10 times it normaly works, the drunker thay are the better, thay seam to think its some magic note, i dont mind , makes for a cheap night sometimes

Brilliant! We are recession proof...it does have a bit of a feel of a Nigerian scam about it but if you can sell £1 for £4 and get the suckers to also pay for postage keep printing them - a runway extension for £10million, a control tower for £1.75 million, Ramsey Pier for £1.25 million, the MEA debt written off for £100 million - its got to be good.

Archived