Where Is,..?

Gavsta

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's right at the very bottom of the Sloc. Follow the road all the way down from the Barrule direction until you reach an (almost) hairpin bend. Round that corner for a couple of hundred yards, you're on the piece of road that appears to slope upwards.

Take a football for fun and a spirit level for reason.

It is between Ballabeg and Round Table. It says some on googling but there isn't a map. So down from round Table Cross Roads to Ballabeg really.

I've always heard of this mythical place but never found it! Come on Amadeus!

It's my photographic day off - here's one from google

When you get to the place, there's a stone marking it on the side (Says "magnetic hill" on it) and - if I remember it right - there's also a small path/driveway kinda thing nearby...

Right on the arrow I think.

Me thinks it's a bit further down than that, on the other side of the Round Table anyway.

Try this one and zoom in.

Magnetic Hilly thing

Are there two places that this effect can be seen? I wasn't sure if my link was exactly right but it was somewhere close to what I know as magnetic hill. Yours is way off from that.

Safe to say it's on that road somewhere :)

Heading from Port Erin up the Sloc to the round table X-Roads and turn right....follow that road for about a mile past the plantations on the left hand side and the view will open up in to fields...that stretch of road is where it is....

That'll be where my map points to then........ :whistling:

Archived