Decennt Chippy

mollag

tis coming towards my "blue moon" time and a split and fish is on the cards [slight rotundity issues]

I dont want to waste it on crap tucker so where is good, the Chartroom looks inviting but i have fell for that before.

Any advice please ?

Oh yes, also where can i get Cream of Tartar ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tis coming towards my "blue moon" time and a split and fish is on the cards [slight rotundity issues]

I dont want to waste it on crap tucker so where is good, the Chartroom looks inviting but i have fell for that before.

Any advice please ?

Oh yes, also where can i get Cream of Tartar ?

Chartroom Quine’s corner? Best Chippy in town - by a loooooooong mile!

I think they're always closed on monday. The planning thingy is that they have to close by 10pm on days when they're open - I remember most of the residents there weren't really happy about having a chippy below.

If you think the Terrace serves quality food then you really really need to try the one on Quines corner. I don't know what they use to cook their chips in or whether it's a single fry or double fry but it makes them taste gorgeous, lovely and crisp on the outside and not soggy inside.

Does the Chartroom even beat The Terrace Chippy?

For me, the speed of service, quantity, price, quality of food and range of fodder available makes The Terrace a tough act to follow.

Beat? Annihilate more like... I start sounding as if I'm working for them (which I'm not) :)

You gotta wait a little as most stuff's made fresh when you order it, but I don't mind - rather have a fresh fish than anything that was sitting there for an hour...

Portions are good, prices ok. Had Fish, Chips, Mushy peas & onion rings the other day - 6 quid

Was a time when as you went into the chippy, you shouted your fry order then joined the line [cant spell queue]

That is pretty much what you do in the Chart Room.

You often have to wait a while but the quality of the food is worth it.

As for The Terrace, Islander and Port Jack they do not even come close, unless you like fish and chips with extra grease (and soggy batter that sticks to the paper)

Archived