Mark Kermode

Slim

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was listening to the Mark Kermode movie review podcast (It's a radio5 broadcast I think?), and he mentioned he was on the Isle of Man this week, Port Erin beach apparently.

That's all :)

His father is Frank Kermode, Manxman and one of the foremost English scholars in the world.

Nobody would willingly change their name to Kermode - it sounds too much like commode.

Frank Kermode (Eng professor) is on record that his name is only pronounced correctly on the Island - apparently no longer - the old manx prononciation was as kermod (at one time often spelled kermott) ie mod not mode and not like commode

Was listening to the Mark Kermode movie review podcast (It's a radio5 broadcast I think?), and he mentioned he was on the Isle of Man this week, Port Erin beach apparently.

His father is Frank Kermode, Manxman and one of the foremost English scholars in the world.

They're not related, but as rumours go, that's a pretty good one to start. The best rumours are all lies.

• 2 weeks later...

The podcast manxness continues, this weeks Russel Brand podcast, which is from Saturday nights radio 2 show had Martin Clunes calling in while on the Isle of Man. They did some piss taking around Norman Wisdom and stuff and he said he was filming a programme here.

Archived