G20 Protests London

Amadeus

Morning - sitting outside Royal Exchange / BoE right now for some G20 protest action pics, but not much going on yet. Thought I try some on the spot coverage to cure boredom. Will try and update Twitter stream with text and pics as stuff happens - bigger action expected for tomorrow.

More cops in the square mile right now than at the last donut convention - could be fun...

My Twitter stream: http://twitter.com/Amadeus_IOM

First pics from today (BB ones, no lappy to mobile upload the proper ones..)

http://twitpic.com/2mulj

Laters!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope so... I hope the activists get the chance to cause some real mayhem.

Why arn't you there LDV sticking up for your principles or are you an armchair anarchist?

I heard BBC News banned him, as he'd just start harping on about how its all " social stigma " or some shit that he always uses in an arguement.

I hope theres some riots, would be nice to see the lay about hippies getting a good kicking.

Why arn't you there LDV sticking up for your principles or are you an armchair anarchist?

You're right. I am an armchair anarchist at the moment, maybe not even an anarchist at all in a sense. Really busy with uni work and don't have enough holiday at work to take.

I heard BBC News banned him, as he'd just start harping on about how its all " social stigma " or some shit that he always uses in an arguement.

That doesn't seem to make sense. Does it make sense to you? And I don't think you will find any hippies there.

You're right. I am an armchair anarchist at the moment, maybe not even an anarchist at all in a sense. Really busy with uni work and don't have enough holiday at work to take.

That doesn't seem to make sense. Does it make sense to you? And I don't think you will find any hippies there.

You lost me at the high-lighted part, I got bored.

Wooo! An - Ar - Fucking - Keee!!! "I would attend but my boss won't give me the day off." :lol:

Can't you even see the irony?

More cops in the square mile right now than at the last donut convention - could be fun...

It appears any displays of anti global anarchy will take place tomorrow, if at all. Big march on BoE and stuff...

Only got stopped twice for taking pics yet - both times by brain dead security idiots. Even the cops seem friendly...

Wooo! An - Ar - Fucking - Keee!!! "I would attend but my boss won't give me the day off." :lol:

Can't you even see the irony?

Not really given the realities. Maybe like you, and certainly like many, I am just as much at the bidding of my employer. I can't just not turn up at work when I have no holiday, I would get fired.

Did anyone else think using anti-terror laws to arrest protesters was a bit shit?

Have they? Where have you read this?

The arseholes in the Labour government brought in new legilsation so that certain things such as the threat of property damage can be construed as terrorism as therefore people arrested as such. Of course it is shit, people should be able to protest and demonstrate. They aren't Al Qaeda or IRA. But I suppose the Scum need some days off from fighting serious crime.

Even the cops seem friendly...

You wait till they've read that 'creative' e mail I've just sent them about you

*Snigger*

What do you mean by that?

I've had my house vandalized a few times recently, and we've had similar problems at work - clearing it up takes a lot of time and effort.

If this mayhem you are hoping for ends up costing hard working people hard cash - then personally it pisses me off.

Yobs who think they can use violence and destruction to make their unthought out points deserve all they can get.

Kicking in shop window fronts, throwing stones at coppers or smashing up the Bank of England building won't in any way solve the problems facing the economy and will just make it more expensive to clear up the mess.

Did anyone else think using anti-terror laws to arrest protesters was a bit shit?

they will do it without compunction this all started years ago after the miners strikes when the police delibrately used heavy handed tactics to induce self defence from the pickets and it all got messy .. firstly they took away the vast majority of firearms certificates by default and burachracy .. and whilst doing that they also started changing the laws to make it harder and harder to show your civil disgust .. the anti-terror laws are merely another biulding block in the process of a controlled population .. its our future and you have to live with it cos its too late too do anything about it.

governments now have us by the balls and we just meekly went/are going on our way to our fate...

Archived