KSF Megathread 2

nipper

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Isle of Man Newspapers Website

I think this is a genuinely newsworthy and interesting article.

If the mods decide to close thread, then no probs and sorry I posted.

I was contacted by the liquidator 10 days ago saying they had not received my proof of debt.

As I had posted it about 60 seconds after they had asked for it my usual sunny easy going deposition went striaght out of the window

After I exploded down the phone 'they' the liquidating staff apologized and said they had just 'found' it.

I later found out that many many people had been told that their 'proof of debts' have not been received even though they had sent it weeks ago.

I find it very hard to believe that 4500 people have not bothered to send in their proof of debt and I suspect that the staff are not not coping

so I see no reason why the long suffering depositors should be made to wait even longer for their money.

When I go to that IOM Newspaper site page I get header, side and embedded ads for Brazil Eucalyptus Plantation - Govt backed secure investments - Make 8% -14% per annum - 5 to 8 years - €7695 for 2.5 hectares - www.greenwood-management.com.

I find it very hard to believe that 4500 people have not bothered to send in their proof of debt

Well admitting to money laundering is a criminal offence in the Isle of Man. You have to ask why certain people can't or won't come forward to say how much they are owed.

Therein lies a tale or two. Perhaps.

Meanwhile here is an nice job opportunity for someone 61k-70k seeing as its my money that will be paying towards this wage I might as well offer it to friends :) '

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:N3wUq...=clnk&gl=uk

I haven't been on Manxforums very long really but two things have struck me about your posts:

1. They seem only to be moans about some money I assume you have lost, (correct me if I'm wrong) and your disdain for all things Manx.

2. The posts seem to achieve nothing other than to annoy the resident posters here - there seems to be a collective groan every time you bring it up.

I obviously don't know your story but I am just so glad I was never in the postion of having money to lose. All the money in the world could not make up for the anger, obsessiveness and bitterness which obviously eats away at you when you lose some ot it. (I met someone else who had lost some money and his every waking hour was spent in bitterness. He probably dreamt about it too.)

I feel sorry for you - not because you lost money but because of how important that money obviously is to you.

What price good health, family and friends? Step back and take stock of your real wealth: after all, it's only money.

it is only money, and health/friends etc are far more important. however some of the people who have lost out have spend many years saving in good faith only to find it has been taken away. very stressfull, particularily as the information could have been better, and nobody wants to be a burden on their family in later life when they cannot earn.

Good points Spermann. A lot of us have been very fortunate and some very unlucky. Whatever we may think about this, the effects of losing savings must be traumatic.

I was intigued by the advertisement - how PC can you get - a Solvency Manager - financial experience is 'desirable' - no it isn't it is absolutely necessary.

I wonder why it is taking so long to process the proofs of debt? Surely with modern technology it should only take a few minutes per case to check that an individual has a debt? (excluding lunch and tea breaks that is...)

Meanwhile here is an nice job opportunity for someone 61k-70k seeing as its my money that will be paying towards this wage I might as well offer it to friends :) '

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:N3wUq...=clnk&gl=uk

I haven't been on Manxforums very long really but two things have struck me about your posts:

1. They seem only to be moans about some money I assume you have lost, (correct me if I'm wrong) and your disdain for all things Manx.

Its like, you have to read the papers but if it doesnt affect you naturally you wont be interested.

Not to overtax eveyone with repetition just take a foray over to www.ksfiomdepositors.org and get the background to all this.

Alternatively go to youtube and hear what Gordon the Rat has to say.

This is really very amusing you will find him under a video that has two turds on the front ( basically he gives the story in a nutshell.)

Disdain for all things Manx?

What on earth gave you that idea?

I am finding the Mankers way of life more and more fascinating everyday.

2. The posts seem to achieve nothing other than to annoy the resident posters here - there seems to be a collective groan every time you bring it up.

They love me really! :)

Its just that island people take a while to show their true feelings.

I obviously don't know your story but I am just so glad I was never in the postion of having money to lose. All the money in the world could not make up for the anger, obsessiveness and bitterness which obviously eats away at you when you lose some ot it. (I met someone else who had lost some money and his every waking hour was spent in bitterness. He probably dreamt about it too.)

How lucky you are.

Its not just lose of money its lose of dreams , of hopes of a future.

Have you never had those either?

I feel sorry for you - not because you lost money but because of how important that money obviously is to you.

What price good health, family and friends? Step back and take stock of your real wealth: after all, it's only money.

You are right health is important and I would add that my health and that of the other depositors has been greatly affected by all this stress and worry.

9 ( as I know of) people have died and one has ended his own life.

Many people are expats who have to PAY for health care with no money good health becomes an expensive luxury.

Family too is a blessing - which is just as well as some depositors are now camped out in their familys spare rooms and have been for the last 10 months.

People who were formally independent are now dependent on the charity of others.

May I ask if you have no money how do you live?

Where do you live?

The majority of the KSFIOM depositors were elderly people what are they to do?

Go out and get a job?

There is a credit crisis on ( you may not have noticed) and even young people are jobless.

They are at the end of their working lives .

What if they were your parents ?

How lucky you are.

Its not just lose of money its lose of dreams , of hopes of a future.

Have you never had those either?

Of course. However, none of these is directly related to having money. They concern only the wish for happiness and well-being of my family. Thus far, we have achieved this without pots of money.

But you have to have SOME money dont you ?

You are not living on air alone are you?

if so i am sure that all will be interested to know how this is done.

Of course, there is little point now in debating the sagacity of putting your money into certain organisations in the first place.

Do you mean in a BANK?

Whay other 'organisations are we speaking about here?

I was suggesting that there is obviously a substantial downside to having money to play with when its loss brings about such horrendous effects in those that loose it. Surely it occured to you that shit happens, particularly with investments.

There is a difference between being a depositor (saver) in a bank and an investor.

You definition of "have no money" and mine are obviously very different: I am a full-time, working Manx woman providing for all my family's needs. Probably like most people on here, I am working hard to provide a secure future for my family. However, this does not extend to me having a huge surplus of cash to risk investing in dodgy (or otherwise) enterprises. Just pretend you donated it all to charity rather than lost it through prossible greed or folly and see if that helps relieve some of the bitterness.

You are fortunate to be of working age .

When you are at the end of your working life you will have earned the right to issue such smug platitudes.

Isnt everyone entitled to have like you want ,a 'secure future' that they have worked for all their lives?

Your posts have the reek of envy about them why bother working when you obviously resent it?

Why not stay at home and give your children better family values - after all love is all you need not grubbing after money?

How much do you give to charity?

( some of the depositors were Aid workers- teachers and medics in third world countries)

Dodgy enterprises?

Do you mean savings in a bank?

Archived