More Great Publicity For The Island....

thebees

This is all over facebook and in the local press too. WTF? You are ok to have a house but then you are not because the landlord isn't fond of 'the gays' jesus H, which century is it? Is there not some kind of law against this kind of discrimination already? Surely there must be. I'm mortified, imagine if any of my way cosmopolitan friends hear about this kind of thing going on here, they'll never come here again, omg, this place really is a joke (and not a very funny one, you can see how/why people go mad, it beggars belief). I am outraged.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The owner would have been banished from his church for allowing gay women to rent his house, I believe it was said on the national broadcaster

Wonder what Jesus would have said about that?

The first thing would probably be 'stop recording my IP address you f*****s'

Other sites seem to pick it up as well now

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2013/05/13/isle-of-man-lesbian-couple-prevented-from-renting-flat-due-to-homophobic-landlord/

Lovely that the island's reputation for being backward continues to be fed.

Hey, at least they're not birched anymore, right?

The owner would have been banished from his church for allowing gay women to rent his house, I believe it was said on the national broadcaster

Wonder what Jesus would have said about that?

The first thing would probably be 'stop recording my IP address you f*****s'

funny-Jesus-nails-hands.jpg

Well the rest of the world should just fuck off then. Manx Law really is none of their business.

The landlord will rent their own personal property to whoever they see fit. I don't blame them for not wanting those two in his house.

And as for their petition which has 700 signatures - I wonder how many of those are actually Manx / live on the Island?

I am glad to see that most people on here are sensible and can see that sexual orientation has nothing at all to do with being a good tenant! Let us not forget, however, that the UK has also had similar cases (the B&B was the main one) so we are not alone in having small minded idiots.

Manannan - What reason would you have for not wanting to rent a property to "those two"? Do they scare you? whatever.gif

I am glad to see that most people on here are sensible and can see that sexual orientation has nothing at all to do with being a good tenant! Let us not forget, however, that the UK has also had similar cases (the B&B was the main one) so we are not alone in having small minded idiots.

Manannan - What reason would you have for not wanting to rent a property to "those two"? Do they scare you? whatever.gif

No. They disgust me.

And that is my opinion - shared by the landlord.

Their house, their rules, their choice.

These faggots should not be forcing legislation on anyone, telling them what to do with their personal property.

Archived