Mentor

Mentor (12/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • Very Popular Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. I always select United Kingdom even though I have an Isle of Man variant British passport . The timatic system that most airline check in agents use do not have Isle of Man listed . Have not had any issues yet for travel at airports. ( have been to 50 odd countries) What I have had an issue is when I have tried to apply for e-visa . Some countries reject your application if you apply with an Isle of man variant . While the Isle of man variant looks different it still scans as a proper British passport.
  2. There are advantages as well. Those in the UK have to pay an extra £2.99 a month if they want to stop seeing ads on prime video even with a prime video subscription . While they sent an email to me about this new change , I have not seen any ads yet . I suspect this may be because we are in the IOM
  3. The supplementary Amex doesn't mean anything. The account is still in your name .. She will be treated like any other Island resident applying for an Amex. I.e likely to be declined..
  4. Can apply online to the UK and get it from the UK . These days you don't even need a UK address and the UK passport authority (HMPO) will send it to your IOM address . The entire process is online if it's a renewal. The older process of someone verifying your identity on the paper application ( if needed ) is also online .. You give their details and they get an email.. https://www.gov.uk/renew-adult-passport/renew In the section where it asks Whether you live in the UK select Yes Also for the passport photo you can get it done at a studio and get a digital photo with a code ( Morrison photo in douglas know what to do ) You can enter the code given by the studio in the online application. This links your photo with the online application. I know many people who have done this recently. Some countries create issues with IOM issued British passports when you apply for e visa etc . So easier to have a British passport issued from the UK..
  5. I have a few for miles/ points but I pay them off in full every month Provided you time it right your money can sit in the bank longer and earn interest for over a month . You mentioned about car hire where credit cards are better.. Another area is hotels as some put a hold on the card. This can take a week or even longer to be released. Most of my cards do not have fees anyway and they don't charge an interest as long as you pay off in full
  6. Also by those who want to increase protein intake with zero fat like body builders. Friend of mine used to throw away the egg yolks but now uses this .. it's supposed to reduce food waste.. I've eaten an omelette made with this and it didn't taste that great .. I suppose you can add a yolk or two for flavour by mixing with real eggs ..
  7. So why is the other chap employed and on the Manxcare payroll ?
  8. Will agree with you on that bit.. I try to spend as less time in Tesco as possible. Usually in and out in around 20 minutes maximum.
  9. Agree...Looks like there are people who would be happy to go to Tesco multiple times a week .. I am happy with my weekly shops..😀
  10. https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/medical-director-being-paid-by-manx-care-while-working-in-liverpool/ So why do we have an interim medical director and a medical director at the same time ? Both seem to be getting paid !!!
  11. Never been able to get a slot for those.. End up going to the shop 😞
  12. I still cannot understand why Manxcare needs two people for the same job. Can't the person who is in post here cover what Dr Andhol is doing for manxcare at the moment ?
  13. Also the clubcard plus @£7.99 a month gives a 10% discount upto £20 on upto two shops a month. So if someone spend over £80 a month in Tesco it's worth it .. Just need to plan ahead and consolidate the shopping into two large ones of around £200 each for maximum benefit. I know large families who end up spending much more than this and so have two clubcard plus subscriptions.. so that's 4 × £200 shops covered and a £80 saving for a £15.98 cost Clubcard Plus doesn't have a minimum term and you can stop whenever you want (I freeze my payments when I'm away from the island for longer periods )
  14. mad_manx

Firm closing

Can see tables for dine in on the photos on their Facebook page .. I don't know if they are doing dine in right now. Look for vellikas kitchen and not the Vellikas in ramsey ..