Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post

Recent Badges

1. More facile nonsense. The election was in 2006 ffs!
  2. The Palestinians voted for Hamas and their ideology: "HAMAS emerged in 1987 during the first Palestinian uprising, or intifada, as an outgrowth of the Muslim Brotherhood's Palestinian branch. The group is committed to armed resistance against Israel and the creation of an Islamic Palestinian state in Israel's place." So for once you're right. The death and destruction in Gaza was bound to follow...
  3. You reap what you sow... How very appropriate for the region.
  4. In It's present form Gaza is unsustainable. Only a complete and utter idiot would fail to realise that...
  5. That's rich coming from you. Even after being told a Grad (translation "hail") rocket had a 20kg warhead you still claimed "They are fireworks. Hence the near zero damage from them in several decades." which frankly is in complete denial. To counter the increasing number of rockets Israel developed the "Iron Dome" system. They didn't have to as they already had effective counter-battery radars. They track the trajectory of a missile which immediately gives away the launch site. You can have a Ground-to-Ground targeted missile in the air before the enemy rocket even hits the ground. They did not deploy them because drone footage showed the launchers were all deliberately placed in heavily populated built-up areas to act as a counter-strike shield. But if they hadn't deployed Iron Dome there would be more Israeli casualties and even more Palestinian casualties from counter-strikes. Unfortunately not degrading the Hamas systems meant they could amass enough to overwhelm Iron Dome for the October assault. However you can be sure that their whereabouts were marked and hopefully destroyed by the ground offensive...
  6. "Facts" - you're having a laugh! For starters members of Hamas are civilians! So of course the IDF have " violent intent" towards them. It's called fighting an insurgency. Dear me...
  7. The water issue is just another indicator that in it's present form Gaza is simply unsustainable...
  8. The partition of India had some 14m to 18m people on the move with around 1m fatalities. Absolutely shocking! As I have pointed out the surrounding Arab nations have to take some of the blame for the situation especially the refugee camps which are growing every day with stateless people deliberately kept in limbo and going nowhere. It should be noted that the Palestinians blame Israel and not the UN and the Arab states for the bind they are in. Mind you, they expect the UN to feed them while they wait for the fall of Israel... I have never thought the Israelis were squeaky clean but I admire them for what they have achieved. On the IDF they are very professional. However the sheer brutality of the October assault means that a lot will be looking for revenge - a perfectly normal human reaction. However they put themselves and their comrades at risk if it overtakes their training. I don't agree with the settler expansion in the West Bank. I read somewhere that the "military assistance" was reservists "helping" out. But then Israel has bulldozed settlements before and can do it again. Yes it's a mess...
  9. What part of: is it that you don't understand? You need to give your arse a chance: Grad 122mm 9M22, a High-Explosive Fragmentation (HE-Frag), electrically-initiated, fin and spin-stabilised, Ground-to-Ground Rocket (GGR). When detonated the internal scoring of the M-21-OF warhead creates approximately 3,150 fragments which are scattered over a lethal radius of about 28m.
  10. What a relief that must be for the killed and injured...
  11. I suspect the differential between sea and air is because the ferry fares are going up and from our own observations the air fares are if anything going down. We have also noticed that the IOMSPCo profiteering from the TT is now beginning earlier in April causing us to fly instead.
  12. So according to you a Grad rocket with a 20kg is a "firework" that has caused zero casualties. Wrong on both counts. You really are losing touch with reality...
  13. As I understand it they realised that the current form of low taxation generating insufficient funds to maintain public services at a modern level was simply unsustainable. Their "solution" is to attract economically active migrants to a certain number to up the tax take. I don't recall it being put out to their joke version of "consultation" because I would have said "NO". Put simply if the current model is unsustainable then It's the model that has to change. Just feeding it is not going to make the problem go away but will just make it bigger. Cowards all as per...
  14. General Qasem Soleimani assassinated by the US in 2020 was involved in the "Quds force" operations and those taken out by the recent IDF strike in Syria likewise. The message "don't foment terrorism against Israel" just couldn't be clearer but unfortunately It's still not clear enough for the likes of @HeliX to grasp...