Regulars
  • Last visited

• Days Won

Andy Onchan last won the day on March 5

Andy Onchan had the most liked content!

About Andy Onchan

Profile Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Andy Onchan's Achievements

Grand Master

Grand Master (14/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Posting Machine Rare

Recent Badges

1. As I said earlier.... The government could have ameliorated all of this bullshit if they had up-to-date National Income data. It's in their power to make it happen but the usual CS Traa dy liooar has seemingly put paid to that. There was no need for the 2% tax jobby if their economic advisors were awake.
  2. Aye... like in Eire in the early days of them joining the EU. On the road between Dublin and Galway the roads were littered with unfinished bridges; the ends were completed but never met in the middle.
  3. Do they even know what a pizza is in Foxdale?
  4. They're not that off-the-shelf..... even a small order like ours would be minimum 3 years most probably 4-5 years.
  5. No option, as they're a one trick pony.
  6. Well, they haven't even published the National Income data for 2022/2023 yet..... this is something that John Webster was banging on about in the MR Budget Special program... how they can create a tax strategy and make decisions affecting people's lives without the most up-to-date economic data is beyond me.
  7. Of course we should remember that Alf was in the recruitment game, so probably created this bullshit himself.
  8. Yes, I thought about that awhile ago when I first went on the MXM. It's the biggest boat passenger-wise that IOMSPCo has had built and it would be a shame for it not to be used more outside of TT etc. and a loyalty scheme would probably help achieve that.
  9. They make some very valid points and Treasury should take heed unless they wish to see unemployment levels rise creating further pressure on the coffers.
  10. The thing is... if they were employed in health services/Manx Care then they would in all probability be replacements for people that have left/retired and so wouldn't necessarily be "new" jobs. It shouldn't be a difficult job to keep tabs on the number of movements via ITIP & NI accounts added, closed etc.
  11. I'm not sure the 700 are all Cyril's Servants, they probably aren't but then, as far as I know, IOMG haven't actually said where in the economy these people have been employed and how much, even in round numbers, these people are contributing to the coffers. John Webster asked this question to Alex & Alfie on the MR Budget Special program and the best they could come up with was "we have filled vacancies in the health sector", but nothing more of substance or detail. If you're (IOMG) going to spout numbers at least be prepared to back them up.