Enthusiast

Enthusiast (6/14)

• Conversation Starter
  • Reacting Well
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator Rare

Recent Badges

1. I have a dual rate smart meter on the 'other side'. I recently noticed that is had updated its software and now there were now 9 available tariff settings rather than the original two. Just sayin' ..
  2. Although this app is being blocked by Amazon not UKTV play, it looks like the last app update facilitated the block. I have found a non-vpn way around it now ..
  3. Yes but other apps are upset by a vpn
  4. UK TV play app on my Firestick stopped working and Amazon tech have told me that they are blocking access to this app due to the IOM not being part of the UK. As it used to work and their android app still works on my mobile, the first question might be : 1) Is anyone else suffering the same geoblock on a Firestick ?
  5. I have more than a passing interest in this early detection of prostate ca. I have one good friend terminally ill with it at the moment (stage 4 on diagnosis) and another who had a robotic radical prostatecetomy a year ago, another who has just started urology surgery training and last but not least, I am of that age. I note that the Patient Access app says PSA 0 - 5.4 ng/mL is normal but the fella who suffered the 'radical' had PSA at the top end of that range yet (obviously) had significant disease.
  6. True if you only consider the topical effects of the fluoridated water. What about the systemic effects over a decade or three ?
  7. That would be a perversion ...
  8. British .. Dental .. Association 😉 I recall they boycotted the gov regarding job adverts following a very questionable dismisssal of a previous incumbent who was one of their members. This mistreatment of clinicians is hardly new.
  9. I recall the BDA did just that in the late 80s/early 90s due to the alleged despicable treatment of one of their members here.
  10. It's refreshing that legal costs have been awarded. From my experience, should anyone legally or professionally decide to take on 'the blob', they have to fight it funded out of their own pocket and at their own financial and professional risk yet if 'the blob' fights back, their employees' personal financial and professional risk is near zero. Some might conclude that out of balance seesaw is conveniently inhibitive to even start a case ..
  11. All the details below is my opinion based on facts and evidence I personally hold. Without commenting on the specifics of any particular case, I think the underlying continuing problem is one of inept arrogance of government officials and managers promoted WAY beyond their abilities. Add this to the myopic "This is our island, we're in charge and we'll do want we want" attitude and you have an explosive mix. Ok, it's a bit more complex than that but most will recognise the paraphrase in quote marks. Of course it all goes wrong when they choose an inconvenient but capable victim and it's high time it stopped for good. The Manx taxpayers end up making amends but the difference here is it's out in the open (so much so, it makes the national BBC news). Twice in the last 30+ years, I have been personally involved in 2 other cases of very unfair treatment of most able and decent professionals where the significant settlements were kept quiet. Both totally unecessary cases were brought about by inept 'control freak' managers promoted way beyond their skill set, aided and abetted by numpty government officials. The details of the more recent case a few years ago were imo so vile, I believe they would also made the national news had they been made public (by tribunal) at the time instead of legally gagging all concerned. I love this place and very rarely criticise it, but sometimes our officials do such daft things, which people elsewhere cannot understand, that makes us look ridiculous to the wider world. If it takes £3M+ to do stop these sorts of cases, so be it. The ultimate victims are always the Manx residents. Not only do they lose quality professionals, these cases inhibit others from applying and we all end up paying both in lost ability and financially. Edit for spelling/word order
  12. Topic exhumation from 2008 ish ? This has been done to death. I guess saveourwater will be along in a minute (ok at sunset then as long as there's no garlic around) with multiple wild fluoride conspiracy theories and horror stories supported by references from agenda driven nutty professors and other assorted ne're-do-wells .. Even if one just try to help and quote links to respected peer-reviewed sources, they will just try to silence you with sealioning, gish galloping and even unpleasant PMs. I really can't be assed to repeat it all except to say. It works It takes a minimum of a decade to show a real benefit It's relatively cheap (but not sure about that 'here') There are plenty of other ways to deliver it For full effect, it needs to be ingested before birth It is harmless a 1ppm (near enough 1mg / litre) It has been present in some area's drinking water since time was with no demonstrable ill effects at 1ppm I don't think it should be added to the island's water (although I wouldn't have any issue if it was in my water) Rather than get involved in petty squabbles, I'm going for a pint
  13. I know Dennis Skinner and have dealt with him in business. Whilst our politics differ, I can tell you he's a very principled man and as 'straight as a die' and in his time as MP for Bolsover, represented his constituents well for just short of 50 years until he lost his red wall seat in 2019. In fairness though, he was well past his best anyway due to his age. I haven't met 30p but I do know a few that have had dealings with him and they mostly confirm he is a very different MP and personality to Skinner and not in a good way. A quick glace at their MP expense claims and parliamentary voting records is quite revealing considering they are from the same area and background.