Do You Consider Yourself To Be Fit?

StuartT

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is the way you say it Stu.

Even when you are right you come across as an arrogant, beligerant, misogenist.

To be fair Declan, sometimes its difficult to convey an attempt at humour in a medium such as this.

Using the spoken word most people would understand you are joking or being a bit sarcastic or whatever. The same words might convey a totally different intent when committed to text.

Maybe that is why StuartT comes across as such a nark.

I think it is the way you say it Stu.

Even when you are right you come across as an arrogant, beligerant, misogenist.

Dear me. As ans can confirm it's misogynist! Get it right please.

As for me, I'm "fit for purpose" as in the Latin "Sextus Domesticus".

Work it out...

Those times are a bit slow aren't they??? What terrain are you running on??? The road or track no doubt.... :-P

As someone who's done their fair share of competetive running, I can tell you that if they're bona fide they're pretty good times. And if you really are one of those fell runners that believe that running on the road or the track isn't hard, then you haven't been running hard enough.

Those times are a bit slow aren't they??? What terrain are you running on??? The road or track no doubt.... :-P

As someone who's done their fair share of competetive running, I can tell you that if they're bona fide they're pretty good times. And if you really are one of those fell runners that believe that running on the road or the track isn't hard, then you haven't been running hard enough.

I must agree with you. When i ran i found it much easier to run off road or track!

I'm 6'1" and 18 stone - so according to my Dr I'm 'unfit'.

I kayak at least 4 times a week, have a good walk everyday and get out on my mountain bike when ever I can. My resting heartrate is 57 bpm,my blood pressure is normal,I'm rarely ill and I eat a healthy balanced diet.....

I used to be 24 stone and did sod all except drink beer and I would say that I did consider myself 'unfit'

So what is 'fit' :blink:

What a thoroughly nice bloke you are Stuart. Do you really find it necessary to be so rude to those who simply do not share your opinions?

Stop it.

There's no need.

Hmm, so it's ok for everyone else to slag me off because they don't like what I say. But woe betide me if I give as good as I've had.......

There you go again. You're like a spoilt child trying to curry favour.

I wasn't talking about anyone else's behaviour, I was talking about yours.

You talk to people as if they are a piece of dirt on the bottom of your shoe.

You ask about people's fitness and then rubbish their answers. You have an air of superiority about you that, apart from being extrememly rude is also extremely embarrasing to read and be a part of. Do you really think you get the best out of people by telling them how crap they are and how superb you are?

You're the kind of person that would have most sensitive souls run a mile from any kind of fitness programme. What's the point in doing anything if it's never going to be good enough. If you want to motivate people tell them about the benefits of their actions - don't degrade them for not doing enough.

Unless of course you only created this thread as yet another attempt to tell everyone how wonderful you are?

Surely not. I wouldn't believe that for a second. No sir.

I'm sure you would far rather encourage friends and potential sports enthusiasts than turn them away.

Wouldn't you?

The point is you said those times were poor and they are not poor at all!

And just for the record i think racing up munros is quite a fair comparison.

The reason i always found it easier was because there were loads of things to distract from how hard you were really working.

Edited by Lynz

Friends? Like I need to find friends on an internet forum?????

I can't be arsed looking for that thread you started (or took over) regarding your ideal woman

But then neither of you have probably ever ran on the fells. What is your basis for comparison?

To bring it down to your level, is a 65min training run over the first leg of the Millennium Relay (November 2000, admittedly) and Island Games medals enough of a basis for you to enable me to voice an opinion?

People have many priorities in life for many different reasons, whether they be friends, family, work, internet forums etc..

Your priorities appear to include sport and fitness. Nowt up with that.

What I do find objectionable is the somewhat holier than thou attitude you adopt in relation to your pastimes. Firstly, I very much doubt that those 'at the sharp end' in your events/sports would choose to gloat about their ability on any forum, let alone one such as this. Secondly, on here I don't often see people with great family lives or a great job coming on to start threads asking "are you as happy at home as i am" or "do you earn as much as me"

Edited by ian rush

Friends? Like I need to find friends on an internet forum?????

Why not? What's wrong with people who post on internet forums?

Once again your superiority complex overrides any point you try to make and isolates you even further from those that you have chosen to join.

And to answer your question... I've seen you many times over the years. You always appear to be on your own. Perhaps if you lowered your standards a little and stopped being to supercilious then you might just find someone to hang out with.

You did ask.