Do You Consider Yourself To Be Fit?

StuartT

Accurate observation is necessary to succeed in most areas. But we must remember that there are two worlds: one we can measure with a stop watch and a ruler, the other we can only feel and judge within our hearts.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well StuartT, to be perfectly frank when I first saw the start of this thread my immediate thoughts were "ego trip" but it was so obvious and blatant I held my counsel - for a while. I just couldn't imagine anyone needed to puff themselves up so much that they would actually lead off the conversation. However it quickly became obvious that an ego trip was exactly what it was hence my somewhat flippant:

Burdened with an ego bigger than King Kong's first dump of the day I should imagine StuartT has to stay fit just to be able to drag it around...

But then I am a big Red Dwarf fan.

In several posts Jacqueline very nicely put into words what I was thinking. However she did not labour a certain sentinel point. Just for you I will do it for her. You stated:

Friends? Like I need to find friends on an internet forum?????
Obviously you think you do not need friends on this internet forum. Fair enough. Yet strangely you use the same people on this internet forum in an attempt to boost your clearly over-inflated opinion of yourself.

You also make the completely wrong assumption that somehow I need friends most of all and that I have a limited vocabulary. Neither points I need to prove to you or anyone else.

I feel sorry for you. People who need to promote themselves always do so because they feel others undervalue their worth. Personally I would rather trust their judgement than yours.

What an excellent start to Wednesday night. More later...

i consider myself to be physically fit, ive been swimming training since i was 14, now 20... i do weights at the gym 4 times a week which i have been doing for over a year, and swim twice a week for 2hours at a time... my resting heart rate is low, although im bollox at running... but non the less i consider that to be reasonably fit!

Looks wise its not for me to say.

No.

This is tame compared to the good old days. And Stu has been due for a good telling for a few months now.

Well Ill bow to your experience. Ive had a few "moments" with the guy myself but prefer to give folks the benefit of the doubt.

Hope I never upset everyone !

Friends? Like I need to find friends on an internet forum?????

Judging by the fact you always seem to be dancing alone, yeah, probably

If I thinking of the right person, Stu never dances alone. In so much as dancing with your own reflection in the nearest mirror constitutes 'not alone'.

I dont know where you see people being "morally superior"??? You give it but wont take it back.

Do you not think its arrogant and rude to slate someones athletic times???? Would you like that done to you? This is why people have been giving out to you about yourself.

Also you could always say that you wrote that in humour, but i dont think you generally do have a humour on you - i think you were quite serious.

You did not answer the question.........

I dont know where you see people being "morally superior"??? You give it but wont take it back.

Do you not think its arrogant and rude to slate someones athletic times???? Would you like that done to you? This is why people have been giving out to you about yourself.

Also you could always say that you wrote that in humour, but i dont think you generally do have a humour on you - i think you were quite serious.

Those times are a bit slow aren't they??? What terrain are you running on??? The road or track no doubt.... :-P

Obviously you did not read my post properly Lynzi, if you actually think I was slating her times. Or else you are totally unaware as to how to interpret items put on the net.

Anyway yes I would agree it is rude to slate another persons time. Wouldn't most athletes feel the same? however I wasn''t slating her time seriously. My reply was in the same spirit as the original posters was.

Do you want a ladder?