Jump to content
Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Max Power said:

Of the three local broadcasters I can only listen to Manx Radio. I would probably listen a bit more but for the women's programme in the afternoon. How sexist, how about some men's programming?

Wouldn't Men's programs have to be video instead of audio ?:ph34r:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Declan said:

That point of view requires the BBC to have a corporate strategy for the Isle of Man and for someone in the management structure to think “they don’t have a radio station, the website’s shit, and we’re getting a bit of flack. I know let’s create the roll of Local Democracy reporter to shut them up.”

Does the BBC have a corporate strategy for UK town councils?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

It would be amazing if there were not one. 

Well maybe HH was right. I guess that statistically she had to be right about something and as there’s no evidence that she was correct about anything else, that must be it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

I might be completely off the wall here (or off my rocker more like) but donkeys ago didn’t Hazel Hannan have a bee in her bonnet that there was an MI5 mole in the upper echelon of our civil service?

I sometimes wonder about in our current House of Keys, CoMin even..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I always turn off at 2.00pm after new, it is mind numbing, even Brindleys music was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mind-numbing and repetitive adverts on local radio (no, I do not get my insurance from Ross Gower, and thanks to your advert, I never will do), which are equally poor across the 3 stations, provide me with the incentive to tune into Radio 2.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gettafa said:

I sometimes wonder about in our current House of Keys, CoMin even..

Hang on...MI5 would need confidence that their mole could actually fasten their own shoelaces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, joebean said:

The mind-numbing and repetitive adverts on local radio (no, I do not get my insurance from Ross Gower, and thanks to your advert, I never will do), which are equally poor across the 3 stations, provide me with the incentive to tune into Radio 2.

 

Indeed. I have no great problem with MR (although the news pages on their website are often amateurish)...except for those fucking adverts. They seem to be tailored for/aimed at people with a mental age of six. They’ve been so shit for so long that presumably they work, or the emphasis would change; that’s a very disturbing indicator of the MR listenership. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

I might be completely off the wall here (or off my rocker more like) but donkeys ago didn’t Hazel Hannan have a bee in her bonnet that there was an MI5 mole in the upper echelon of our civil service?

Maybe that’s what Longworth does three days a week. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

Hang on...MI5 would need confidence that their mole could actually fasten their own shoelaces.

Why would they need a mole? The FUBAR propositions, gaffes and subsequent attempts at keeping things quiet are a matter of public and journalistic record for years. Hardly a matter requiring any undercover digging. Just read the papers and log on to MF :lol:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, joebean said:

The mind-numbing and repetitive adverts on local radio (no, I do not get my insurance from Ross Gower, and thanks to your advert, I never will do), which are equally poor across the 3 stations, provide me with the incentive to tune into Radio 2.

 

Isn't this an example of where MR should step in and advise their clients.? Singing phone numbers are crass, don't do them?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10,000 '' man in the pub'' could be MI5 agents!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

MI5 would have to be really paranoid to be spying on us.

ETA: Seeing as we've just asserted our independence with that new pound coin initiative, shouldn't it be MI6?

Edited by woolley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Yes, I always turn off at 2.00pm after new, it is mind numbing, even Brindleys music was better.

I liked the post earlier in the thread where someone called it "Loose Women". :D

Not sure what he was basing that on.

Are they telling us the ratings have improved in that slot from 2 - 3pm? If so, Alex, hang your head in shame. It is awful.

Edited by woolley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Uhtred said:

Indeed. I have no great problem with MR (although the news pages on their website are often amateurish)...except for those fucking adverts. They seem to be tailored for/aimed at people with a mental age of six. They’ve been so shit for so long that presumably they work, or the emphasis would change; that’s a very disturbing indicator of the MR listenership. 

I'm not sure that they do work, actually. We have spent millions on advertising spread across multiple media, radio, printed page, internet etc. for a very long time. With traditional advertising, it is actually very difficult to know what is working for you unless you stop it to see what you lose. Often you simply carry on doing what you have been doing for years because you have budgeted for it and you fear what might happen if you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×