Manx Forums, Live Chat, Blogs & Classifieds for the Isle of Man
Desperate Dan

Manx Radio

28 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

I wanted to offer a production service in 2012 when we staff presenters took a pay (and hours in fairness) cut and made freelancers. 

Was the subvention cut accordingly?

I heard the hourly rate proferred was rather unrefusable.

36 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

How did that pan out for Woolworths then...;)

They'd have gone bust in '74 had it not been for Stu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Was the subvention cut accordingly?

No. The management got a rise. :D

• Haha 1

There's an advert at the moment where the guy tries to do a john j rambo voice but he sounds more like kevin bridges. Which is not actually a bad thing. I quite like it.

• Haha 1

On 1/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, the stinking enigma said:

There's an advert at the moment where the guy tries to do a john j rambo voice but he sounds more like kevin bridges. Which is not actually a bad thing. I quite like it.

-

Edited by LightBulb

There’s a right malarkey on IOMNP FB, apparently due to Chris Kinley acting as a compare at a local TT related dinner, revealed that Manx Radio has lost its contract to broadcast the TT Races this year. From the comments already appearing, IOMG have created another fine   Mess! Unfortunately nothing mentioned as to which radio outfit will Broadcast the TT and other races

Edited by 2112

10 minutes ago, 2112 said:

There’s a right malarkey on IOMNP FB, apparently due to Chris Kinley acting as a compare at a local TT related dinner, revealed that Manx Radio has lost its contract to broadcast the TT Races this year. From the comments already appearing, IOMG have created another fine   Mess! Unfortunately nothing mentioned as to which radio outfit will Broadcast the TT and other races

Was this "TT related dinner" taking place in a brewery by chance...?

Wonder how that (if true) will knock on to MR's finances?

41 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Was this "TT related dinner" taking place in a brewery by chance...?

Dinner in aid of Joey Dunlop Foundation

8 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Wonder how that (if true) will knock on to MR's finances?

It shouldn’t do, because they got extra money for it. 

I’m divided on this. I think Chris in particular does an excellent job covering racing. And I love the people up at MR ( it was nice to be up there again last week and catch up with a few). But there does need to be these shake ups. Whether they work or not remains to be seen.

As long as they haven’t awarded the contract to the radio equivalent of a shipping line with no ships we should be OK.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2112 said:

I’ve never understood why they are paid extra to perform an important contract. Surely media businesses normally pay for the rights to broadcast rather than be paid? 

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Surely media businesses normally pay for the rights to broadcast rather than be paid? 

But it is not a business, they are a government department that slightly defrays costs by selling advertising.

I find Manx Radio TT has become irritating. A sort of Manx Radio on steroids.

A shake up, or clean sweep, is needed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gettafa said:

I find Manx Radio TT has become irritating. A sort of Manx Radio on steroids.

A shake up, or clean sweep, is needed.

Didn’t we have ‘clean sweep’ campaign in the 1990s. The rest is history.

I'm surprised there has been nothing on the radio news about the big vote on the future of Manx Radio, which is happening on Tuesday I think. In a couple of month that is so lacking in big news stories why have they not bothered to try and give their cause a bit of a push? Baker, who seems to have the amendment that most of Tynwald will go for, was on the radio this morning, but on another subject.